Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2022 8:29:23 AM EDT
So I just had a form 1 denied (eform) because I wrote down the manufacturer model of my gun as opposed to what is on the receiver. They are slightly different.  

Can ATF simply let me make a correction?  The question being “can they” as opposed to “will they?”   The guy on their help number said they cannot once the form is disapproved.  Has anyone been able to correct an eform and resubmit?  Is it possible to directly contact the person who adjudicated my form and ask?  Thanks
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 10:02:03 AM EDT
[#1]
I have not had a form denied but, from the threads I have seen on here the denied form can not be correct.

My understanding is that as soon as the status is set to denied the system automatically starts the refund process. What I have seen a few people on here say is that they submitted a new eform and email the examiner that denied the original eform. They would provide the old control number and the new one and on a few occasions they had the new submission approved within a few days. I have also seen posts here stating the ATF NFA folks have told people that the scenario I just outlined is not doable and that they will have to wait in line again so, it seems like it is hit or miss depending on who you are dealing with.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 10:43:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 11:32:54 AM EDT
[#3]
How does one contact the examiner that adjudicated the form?  I have her name, just no number or email.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 11:33:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 12:33:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the replies.  I emailed back and got a reply  almost immediately.  They have a new policy preventing movement of fingerprint cards between applications.  The whole thing needs to be done again.  What a pain in the ass.  In fairness to the examiner, the policy changes leave them with very few options.  Basically if you don’t do it perfect the first time, it gets rejected and you have to start over again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top