Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/29/2021 1:35:32 PM EDT
Just went over there and saw they were taken down for a TOS violation.
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 1:39:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Here we go again
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 1:56:53 PM EDT
[#2]
What was the violation, being about guns and stuff?
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 1:58:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 2:10:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted: TOS violation.
View Quote

Appears to be more of "we want to and can" than TOS violation.

25. TERMINATION

(a) By ProBoards

WITHOUT LIMITING ANY OTHER PROVISION OF THIS AGREEMENT, PROBOARDS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO, IN PROBOARDS' SOLE DISCRETION AND WITHOUT NOTICE OR LIABILITY, DENY USE OF THE WEBSITE AND/OR SERVICES TO ANY PERSON FOR ANY REASON OR FOR NO REASON AT ALL, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION FOR ANY BREACH OR SUSPECTED BREACH OF ANY REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY OR COVENANT CONTAINED IN THIS AGREEMENT, OR OF ANY APPLICABLE LAW OR REGULATION.
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 2:20:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I knew there would be a thread here, there was a whole lot of really good knowledge there this sucks majorly.
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 3:06:02 PM EDT
[#6]
It's only a matter of time before the groups in the other place get nuked from orbit as well.
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 3:08:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I knew there would be a thread here, there was a whole lot of really good knowledge there this sucks majorly.
View Quote

Most of the interweb companies are commies now.

The shooting community needs to start looking for non-commie hosting and move everything to them.  

Every time these POS's do this tons of invaluable data is lost.  

Doesn't cost much to run a forum.  You don't have to have a bunch of bells and whistles to make them work.
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 3:27:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The shooting community needs to start looking for non-commie hosting and move everything to them.  

Doesn't cost much to run a forum.  You don't have to have a bunch of bells and whistles to make them work.
View Quote

yep, invaluable data and connection to other people of like minds you wouldn't normally have.

I am pretty sure this site runs off AWS i would definitely be making plans to move to something I had more control over especially after go daddy hosing the site.
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 3:42:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Definitely was. Ive learned a lot from that place.
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 4:04:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Yep, that stinks.  It was a pretty good forum for those trying to stay on the legal side.
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 4:34:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Attachment Attached File

Got this from a buddy
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 4:37:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Anyone keep a screen shot of the industry suppliers. I thought i had it saved but i do not
View Quote

I wish i had, as it is i was in the middle of a conversation with a member there regarding a part i needed oh well..
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 4:41:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
It's only a matter of time before the groups in the other place get nuked from orbit as well.
View Quote

Been weary for many years someday Arfcom would get nuked.  It's not a free world.
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 4:46:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Appears to be more of "we want to and can" than TOS violation.

25. TERMINATION

(a) By ProBoards

WITHOUT LIMITING ANY OTHER PROVISION OF THIS AGREEMENT, PROBOARDS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO, IN PROBOARDS' SOLE DISCRETION AND WITHOUT NOTICE OR LIABILITY, DENY USE OF THE WEBSITE AND/OR SERVICES TO ANY PERSON FOR ANY REASON OR FOR NO REASON AT ALL, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION FOR ANY BREACH OR SUSPECTED BREACH OF ANY REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY OR COVENANT CONTAINED IN THIS AGREEMENT, OR OF ANY APPLICABLE LAW OR REGULATION.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/29/2021 4:55:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Guys, keep an eye on form1.org  

Under construction now, it's where we're going to start rebuilding.
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 4:57:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Thanks tech junkie
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 5:06:22 PM EDT
[#17]
No one is surprised here.  Never trust .gov agencies... all they do is brainwash everyone.

Holder Says People Need to be Brainwashed
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 5:15:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm in.
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 5:27:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

awesome FIRST POST, way to dive in. Thank you!
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 5:36:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

awesome FIRST POST, way to dive in. Thank you!
View Quote

Thank Josh.  He's the man.
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 5:37:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Registered
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 6:01:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Registered!

On another note. I had literally just found the recipe for the mushroom can build from Silencerstudent.

Does anyone have that recipe as I hadn't saved it yet? It was something like 1 50 degree cone with mushroom cones for the rest?

I'm working on a dedicated 300bo Sub build.
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 7:38:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Huge lost for the community!

Link Posted: 6/29/2021 7:46:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Huge lost for the community!

View Quote
We will rebuild!
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 8:41:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Just got home to check the boards... WTF? Awesome.
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 10:32:36 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm in as well.
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 10:39:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
Good to know. Reached out to Joseph on Patreon and will say the same here, if you need a hand. Just ask. Free of charge.
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 10:46:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Wtf. And yet this site still is hosted in Amazon... Stockholm syndrome?
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 10:53:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Gonna need to go back to BBSs.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 7:15:08 AM EDT
[#30]
Gonna need to own your own servers at this point or it'll just be one deleted forum after another.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 7:55:34 AM EDT
[#31]
I wonder what happens with the data.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 8:22:32 AM EDT
[#32]
Registered
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 8:53:30 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I wonder what happens with the data.
View Quote
Just assume it's being sent to DOJ/ATF.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 9:14:08 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes, let's move all our eggs to one basket and make it an easy target.

Maybe EVERYONE just needs to be outraged about censorship in general, whether it is "official" or at the behest of the mobs.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 10:45:21 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 12:50:25 PM EDT
[#36]
This is some bullshit , where the fuck am I going to get my radials now.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 12:58:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Maybe EVERYONE just needs to be outraged about censorship in general, whether it is "official" or at the behest of the mobs.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well that too, obviously.

Just pointing out that the other side is just deleting stuff left and right now using our own "My business, my rules" argument so anyone wanting to run/set up a board now needs to make sure the owner/host isn't a fucking commie beforehand.

Easy to get a forum up and running, but if you get one taken down you lose a shit ton of data that is impossible to recover.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 1:20:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Cloud portability ........ is the ability to move applications and data from one cloud computing environment to another with minimal disruption. Cloud portability enables the migration of cloud services from one cloud provider to another or between a public cloud and a private cloud. Business continuity and "disaster recovery" have also been industry standards for ages.

It's the name of the game and has been for some time, from critical infrastructure to criminals.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 10:34:14 AM EDT
[#39]
Registered as well.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 11:32:57 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Anyone keep a screen shot of the industry suppliers. I thought i had it saved but i do not
View Quote

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1w61iFv2ZvHjTD7CqqU6XyfodQAuo-rHT/view

I had this link open on my browser. I believe this is what you are looking for.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 3:04:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1w61iFv2ZvHjTD7CqqU6XyfodQAuo-rHT/view

I had this link open on my browser. I believe this is what you are looking for.
View Quote

Here the main link to that page, contains a decent amount of info. Wish I could remember who made it to give them proper credit.

https://drive.google.com/drive/mobile/folders/1i6ugyuZ60rJuJXbJV5qDAOgIywONt-42?usp=sharing

F1 INFO
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 1:48:44 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Here the main link to that page, contains a decent amount of info. Wish I could remember who made it to give them proper credit.

https://drive.google.com/drive/mobile/folders/1i6ugyuZ60rJuJXbJV5qDAOgIywONt-42?usp=sharing

F1 INFO
View Quote

That just about sums up my experiences with the F1 community. They just want to help others do what they themselves are passionate about.
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 5:27:50 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

That just about sums up my experiences with the F1 community. They just want to help others do what they themselves are passionate about.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

F1 INFO

Attachment Attached File

Thanks to Josh and to you guys for the information.   We all need to keep up the fight against our FREEDOM
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 2:39:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
There really is so much invaluable data on this site, even huge amounts of non-firearm technical advice about things like cars, repairs, hobbies, etc.    So many people have had their various mystifying technical problems solved by the wide expertise of members here.

As one small example, I was recently perusing the WWII historical photo thread, and came across a surprising amount of extremely rare, hard to find historical photos and information there.  

This website is an incredible beneficial resource that goes way, way beyond firearms.  

Anyone trying to eradicate it is truly either a fool, or just an evil person.

Unfortunately, I am well aware that the world is full of many of both types.
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 3:34:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
FWIW, I believe Arfcom went to a non-AWS service some time ago due to exactly these types of concerns.
View Quote

Arfcom switched to Epik as domain registrar after GoDaddy deplatformed the site's DNS, but I'm pretty sure
the site is still hosted on AWS, with Cloudflare as an intermediary. The site IPs resolve to Cloudflare.

Epik is free speech friendly, but the rest of the chain leaves something to be desired in that respect.
Link Posted: 7/5/2021 6:39:06 AM EDT
[#46]
That really blows, I will be sure to recreate some of my old how-to threads once the new site is up and running. So much information lost.

Just registered for the new site.
Link Posted: 7/16/2021 10:04:26 AM EDT
[#47]
I’m on the new site again . It’s pretty good and some great posts already. It will take a while for everyone to find their way there.

Do you have access to the old sights email ? Maybe a mass email would get the word out.
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 9:45:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I wish i had, as it is i was in the middle of a conversation with a member there regarding a part i needed oh well..
View Quote

I have a PDF of the vendors, anyone who wants it, send me an email address.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 7:03:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Get used to it.  There are many gunboards being taken over by liberals especially Canadians and they are banning all but those that are willing to bribe them monthly.  One board that I was on banned a long time (early 90's)  member with over 30,000 posts without notice.  And he was a junior Clay Bird Coach!!!  I sent a PM to the new Canadian moderators of why the person was banned and was immediately banned myself.  Seriously, my PM read - "Good morning, I'm curious why "name here" was banned.  Can you provide information on the violation?"  That's it, verbatim! and I was a forum member since 2003!
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 3:32:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Dang, just now figured out this happened.  Sent in my signup info on the new form1.org
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top