Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2023 3:16:28 PM EDT
Filing a form 1 online and haven’t done one in a while. There’s a field saying to upload pictures of the serialized part. Is this required?
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 3:19:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Paid submission, or government subsidized?
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 3:44:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Paid
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 4:08:14 PM EDT
[#3]
No.
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 4:17:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RDTCU] [#4]
Not required for paid submission, but it CAN avoid any confusion if there is a model number discrepancy in their system.
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 5:36:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 6:27:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I had a weird named lower I SBR'ed way back when.
I tried to add photos, because I knew they would ask, but it didn't work.
They emailed me, I sent the photos back in the email, all is good

So, not required, but maybe helpful.

Jay
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 6:30:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Not necessary, but I did it anyway.  Just a tight shot of the serial #.
Link Posted: 3/28/2023 11:37:52 AM EDT
[#8]
I hadn’t done an eform in 6 years, so I had the same thought. I took a picture of the receiver showing the serial number just to avoid any possible kick back.  Maybe I didn’t need to, I don’t know, but I did two forms the same way on 2/28, and one came back on 3/15, and the other on 3/20. So no harm no foul.
Link Posted: 3/28/2023 6:40:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Depends on what you are registering. Garden variety AR-15 lower with the correct info in the drop down menu, not necessary. Super secret uncommon lower that's rare, pics would help. All of mine have been approved without pics of the firearm.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 11:40:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Not required, you can continue without adding. They “help” with pending research, supposedly.

Will it help them identify an unusual or newly released receiver? Maybe.

Did that work for me? No.

My most recent Form 1, I submitted full stripped lower receiver pics of the PSA and still ended up in pending research purgatory. 30 days in, 30-60(they said 60-90 days for pending research) till it’ll even move to submitted to begin the regular wait.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 11:58:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: chevrofreak] [#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Glocked:
Not required, you can continue without adding. They “help” with pending research, supposedly.

Will it help them identify an unusual or newly released receiver? Maybe.

Did that work for me? No.

My most recent Form 1, I submitted full stripped lower receiver pics of the PSA and still ended up in pending research purgatory. 30 days in, 30-60(they said 60-90 days for pending research) till it’ll even move to submitted to begin the regular wait.
View Quote

Pending Research for 30 days is better than a disapproval for a mismatched model name, or a stamp issued for something that doesn't exist.

When we Form 1'd my girlfriend's CMMG Banshee 9mm pistol, the drop down menu had a bunch of options, including Banshee, which is wrong. The actual model on the receiver is MK4, because that is what CMMG puts on all of their STANAG capable lowers.  That wasn't even an option, so that means that everyone who had been approved for one of these (and I am sure there are a few since it is a super common lower) has the wrong model name on their form.   If you put in Banshee and it got approved, but wasn't what is on the receiver, that could cause some serious headaches later on.
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 5:20:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RDTCU:
Not required for paid submission, but it CAN avoid any confusion if there is a model number discrepancy in their system.
View Quote

I had 2 F1 apps kicked back due to the examiner mistakenly thinking something was wrong. Cleared it up in a week, spoke with examiner & emailed pics of the receivers in question, & got it resolved right there on the phone, but the delay cost about 2 or 3 weeks to get my stamps.
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 9:56:42 AM EDT
[#13]
My sbr was just approved without pictures.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 3:07:45 PM EDT
[#14]
I just did a very tight picture of the serial number and caliber stuff on the lower.  Hopefully no issues but this is day 2 so I expect I have a long time to wait.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 10:04:00 PM EDT
[#15]
I uploaded pictures, however once I submitted it I realized they weren’t there….came back approved in 30 days.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top