Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2022 7:10:02 PM EDT
I was curious if any of you did a Form 1 on an 80% lower and filed with a model that wasn't on the list?

Since the model wasn't listed, the Form 1 went into Pending Research.

Has anyone done this and if so, how long did it take to come back before you send in your finger print cards?
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 7:43:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I form 1d a PSA lower right after it came out. It went pending research. Took 126 days.(probably 1-1.5 years ago)

Of course I just did a form 1 that was in the drop down menu and I’m at 86 days. So who really knows.
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 8:02:31 PM EDT
[#2]
You should have picked FMI from the drop down. I learned this the hard way. My last pending research took 90 days to get the cover letter email.
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 12:31:11 AM EDT
[#3]
I did pick FMI. When it asked for the Model, it wasn't in the model list. That is why I had to key it in.
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 8:13:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 11:29:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I don’t know what the current timeframe is, or if it’s changed with the current version of eForms.

In the past, I’ve seen it take anywhere from a couple days to a couple weeks.

The best solution (IMHO) is to use FMI like you did, plus N/A for the model…it’s in the list and leaves you with one less thing to engrave.
View Quote

I don't mind doing the engraving. I've got a 30 Watt Fiber Laser that make short work of engraving.
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 11:38:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I don’t know what the current timeframe is, or if it’s changed with the current version of eForms.

In the past, I’ve seen it take anywhere from a couple days to a couple weeks.

The best solution (IMHO) is to use FMI like you did, plus N/A for the model…it’s in the list and leaves you with one less thing to engrave.
View Quote

I have always done N/A for model number for all of my form 1s and none have taken more than a little over a month.

None of my form 1 cans have model numbers.
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 11:33:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Last one I did was in January it was in pending research for only 10 days.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top