Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2017 2:35:17 PM EDT
Wanted to share my form 1 shotgun suppressor shooting so bird shot.
2"od x 10" long

https://youtu.be/jjPmWPzXSvI
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 4:50:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice work, embeded it for you

Suppressed 12ga shotgun form 1
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 5:06:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Got any build details?  I'm interested to know how you did it. 
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 6:56:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Got any build details?  I'm interested to know how you did it. 
View Quote
I basically made simple M style baffles that have a tapered bore so each baffle acts like a choke forcing the wad closed
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 7:22:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I basically made simple M style baffles that have a tapered bore so each baffle acts like a choke forcing the wad closed
View Quote
So basically the reverse of how you'd normally install them? 
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 11:17:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Same orientation as a regular M baffle just a slight taper in the leading edge of the bore.

I'll snap some pictures when I take it apart to clean it.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 2:05:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Same orientation as a regular M baffle just a slight taper in the leading edge of the bore.

View Quote
Please do. I would love to see how this is set up.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 2:56:13 AM EDT
[#7]
In for pics.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 7:00:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
What were the dimensions?
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 6:32:27 PM EDT
[#9]
in to see picts.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 6:36:26 PM EDT
[#10]
I have an extra stamp, I wanted to do a 12 gauge suppressor so I'm in for the info.
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 9:00:15 AM EDT
[#11]
I believe this is the build he's talking about.
And this is a video of it firing.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:21:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
in to see picts.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 9:55:55 AM EDT
[#13]
I’m also in for the pics. Wish there were more offerings in shotgun suppressors.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 1:17:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Attachment Attached File

I wondered where you had been since the car wreck.

I’m interested on the internals as well.  After watching that movie I’ve wanted one. Form one and one stamp with the body permanently attached to the barrel.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 3:21:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/56603/121558BA-6129-4A28-92FE-36739E7B3070-429049.JPG

I wondered where you had been since the car wreck.

I’m interested on the internals as well.  After watching that movie I’ve wanted one. Form one and one stamp with the body permanently attached to the barrel.
View Quote
I have a design for one.
You need 2 Napa 4003 tubes from gun thread adapters, 3 m22x.75 caps(or 4), another cap with the internal ID of your barrel(can just use a fourth m22 cap for this but I’m using an aluminum one that I have to save money), 45mm freeze plugs, a Napa 4003 metal fuel filter element, stainless shoe eyelets, and a tube threaded for m22x.75 on the inside, then for 3 inches on the outside on both sides and perforated.

You thread this perforated tube over the barrel, then you get a 12 inch stainless tube with the end caps(one being m22) and thread that over the this perforated tube/extension. The barrel has to have holes drilled in it and the filter slips over the barrel as do the freeze plugs. Then you get the second tube with the two m22 end caps and that over the sticking out perforated tube. This second tube is made from aluminum and will be full of the shoe eyelets.

Only issue I see is gas blowing out from the first end cap on the first tube.
Also this is specifically for a vepr 12 with a 22.4 inch barrel.
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 9:00:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I have a design for one.
You need 2 Napa 4003 tubes from gun thread adapters, 3 m22x.75 caps(or 4), another cap with the internal ID of your barrel(can just use a fourth m22 cap for this but I’m using an aluminum one that I have to save money), 45mm freeze plugs, a Napa 4003 metal fuel filter element, stainless shoe eyelets, and a tube threaded for m22x.75 on the inside, then for 3 inches on the outside on both sides and perforated.

You thread this perforated tube over the barrel, then you get a 12 inch stainless tube with the end caps(one being m22) and thread that over the this perforated tube/extension. The barrel has to have holes drilled in it and the filter slips over the barrel as do the freeze plugs. Then you get the second tube with the two m22 end caps and that over the sticking out perforated tube. This second tube is made from aluminum and will be full of the shoe eyelets.

Only issue I see is gas blowing out from the first end cap on the first tube.
Also this is specifically for a vepr 12 with a 22.4 inch barrel.
View Quote
Why so complex?
BJGunner has shown a design almost identical as one for centerfire pistol/rifle.
You can buy 4003 bodies in 5,7,8,9,10 & 12in lengths so there's no need to thread 2 together.
Buy the 12" version, along w/ your "storage cups", and a tapered reamer.
Drill your holes, in the "cups", follow w/ the reamer (to help keep wad closed) and stack inside tube.
The only thing that might be custom is your choke w/ adapter threads and/or rear adapter cap. However, these can easily be made by any of the various machine shops in one's locale.

Also, drilling some holes in your barrel isn't going to do much at all. Shotguns need a lot of porting if you're not dumping a majority of gas immediately after the chamber.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 5:06:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Because this way I’d only be adding 5 inches to the already 22.4 inch barrel vepr 12.
Also how would drilling the barrel not do anything?
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 5:17:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Why so complex?
BJGunner has shown a design almost identical as one for centerfire pistol/rifle.
You can buy 4003 bodies in 5,7,8,9,10 & 12in lengths so there's no need to thread 2 together.
Buy the 12" version, along w/ your "storage cups", and a tapered reamer.
Drill your holes, in the "cups", follow w/ the reamer (to help keep wad closed) and stack inside tube.
The only thing that might be custom is your choke w/ adapter threads and/or rear adapter cap. However, these can easily be made by any of the various machine shops in one's locale.

Also, drilling some holes in your barrel isn't going to do much at all. Shotguns need a lot of porting if you're not dumping a majority of gas immediately after the chamber.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 9:20:14 AM EDT
[#19]
There are several good examples of integral and non-integral suppression designs for shotguns. The ones employing barrel porting look like swiss cheese and not just for the last 12" or so, but the entire length. Do you not think that if putting a couple holes, for the last bit of barrel, would have worked that that's what they would have done? Also, a fair share of these are only 410 and 20gauge, not the larger 12 you're dealing with.

I'm not 100% sure, but there's about what, 12.5" of barrel in front of front sight?

If your intent is to cut holes in the barrel, why don't you just lop off 4" (legal >18") and put more suppressor off the muzzle? This is where your real gains will be.

I just think you're making for a very complex and involved design when an easier and more effective answer is available. Your gun, your stamp, your wishes. Carry on.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 10:39:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
There are several good examples of integral and non-integral suppression designs for shotguns. The ones employing barrel porting look like swiss cheese and not just for the last 12" or so, but the entire length. Do you not think that if putting a couple holes, for the last bit of barrel, would have worked that that's what they would have done? Also, a fair share of these are only 410 and 20gauge, not the larger 12 you're dealing with.

I'm not 100% sure, but there's about what, 12.5" of barrel in front of front sight?

If your intent is to cut holes in the barrel, why don't you just lop off 4" (legal >18") and put more suppressor off the muzzle? This is where your real gains will be.

I just think you're making for a very complex and involved design when an easier and more effective answer is available. Your gun, your stamp, your wishes. Carry on.
View Quote
Because then I’d have to pay to rethread the barrel. I could sell this vepr and get a “firearm” Saiga 12 made by that company that makes momocores for form1suppressor in their recore service but I don’t think it would be the same quality as my vepr.  
Also I’d do it like you’re describing for the porting.

https://www.802traders.com/product-p/sa-zver.htm
This is the gun
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 9:19:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 8:00:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
cut, crown, and thread shotgun barrel with no lathe for just the cost of a die.
View Quote
Still means I’d need to permantly attach the suppressor with a weld and would a die even yield concentric enough threads?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top