Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2018 1:28:45 AM EDT
Whats the detection range or PID range of the Breach. Is it worth 2,000 more vs a Flir Scout/TK Scout, Leupold LTO, Seek Reveal Pro, etc. I'm looking for something that can be pocket carried to see what is hiding in the dark my I2 PVS14 OMNI VII can't see past 75-150 yards. Is it worth it or should In just buy a weapons mounted thermal scope or NV scope for 2,500? Thanks
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 7:41:17 AM EDT
[#1]
I can "see" deer/hog sized objects 5-600 yards away without too much issue. Positive ID? Not so much.

I'd say my idea of positive is different than others. Given a little time to observe the animal movements and habits I believe I can differentiate between what "should" be a deer and hog to at least half that distance.

House dog and a coyote, not a chance.
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 8:34:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 7:48:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/446803/FLIR_Thermal_Comparison-1-676242.jpg

here is a good example, the subject in these photos is approx 5'9" and it is compared to the other FLIR products on the market.

I hope this helps.
View Quote
It does tremendously. Thanks Sam your the man as usual...
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 4:16:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I can "see" deer/hog sized objects 5-600 yards away without too much issue. Positive ID? Not so much.

I'd say my idea of positive is different than others. Given a little time to observe the animal movements and habits I believe I can differentiate between what "should" be a deer and hog to at least half that distance.

House dog and a coyote, not a chance.
View Quote
I agree with all of this.

I can spot things pretty far away with my Breach; knowing what they are is a different story. However if you have the time to observe, if they're moving I can get a good idea at distances of half that. I've spotted coyotes at about 200 yards where I was very confident it was a coyote. But that was based on movement and observation.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 9:57:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I agree with all of this.

I can spot things pretty far away with my Breach; knowing what they are is a different story. However if you have the time to observe, if they're moving I can get a good idea at distances of half that. I've spotted coyotes at about 200 yards where I was very confident it was a coyote. But that was based on movement and observation.
View Quote
Thanks for the reply, I'm pretty much sold, but their CS is stopping me from pulling the trigger. I looked around for an alternative, but there doesn't seem to be anything in the market that can compete with the Breach size, weight, price, and performance.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top