Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2021 8:13:13 PM EDT
I'm trying to get my flash hider off of my 15/22 and its stuck.  I'm afraid to put to much force on it because of the plastic receiver.  Any ideas?  I tried some heat (not to much) with no luck.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 8:16:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Hang it upside down in a cup of oil.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 8:18:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I have it soaking with Kroil now.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 8:19:36 PM EDT
[#3]
For that , you should be using barrel clamp anyways,  no way I'd put the receivers ( upper and/or lower) in a vice or clamp.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 8:28:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For that , you should be using barrel clamp anyways,  no way I'd put the receivers ( upper and/or lower) in a vice or clamp.
View Quote

This is the only safe way to remove it without damaging the receiver on a 15-22.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 8:29:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yeah, duh.  I guess I need to do that tomorrow.  
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 9:09:57 PM EDT
[#6]
If you're going to be working on these rifles...  Bite the bullet and get a Geissele Reaction Rod.  
Reaction Rods
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 9:12:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:  If you're going to be working on these rifles...  Bite the bullet and get a Geissele Reaction Rod.  
Reaction Rods
View Quote

Somehow I don't think that's going to help OP w/ his situation.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 9:18:07 PM EDT
[#8]
I put my barrel in vice clamps with a belt around it (so it was clamping the belt), held it in my hand, put the wrench on the muzzle device, heated it up with a blowtorch and smacked the wrench with a mallet. Took 2 good whacks.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 9:27:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Somehow I don't think that's going to help OP w/ his situation.
View Quote

Thanks for the correction.  You are right.  I read flash hider, and 15 - and thought M&P 15 - not M&P 15-22.  

Please...  Carry on....
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 10:17:29 AM EDT
[#10]
I had a carbon locked suppressor on mine a few weeks ago.  After soaking in simple green and then oil, I was able to use a small oil filter strap wrench to get it off.

The simple green did strip off a bit of the finish on the barrel down near the threads.  Not sure why, but it did.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top