Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/13/2018 5:34:08 PM EDT
Edit:  Thanks everyone, filled out the paperwork today with the Silencer Shop kiosk and their service, now the wait begins.

Military guy here, finally gotten to the point that I'm settling down in one spot and not moving around every 3 years, so I have decided that I want to get my first SBR and suppressor.  Going to be utilizing one of my current AR lowers and will be filing a form 1, plan is to make a MK18 clone.  Legal resident of NY, but currently assigned to CO with orders, this making me a legal resident of the state for purchasing firearms (also never planning on moving back to NY because F*** NY).

So a few questions about the process:

1) Filing as an individual what does the engraving on the lower need to state?  Is it Full First and Last Name or Full First, Middle, Last Name?

2) As an individual with the notification of the CLEO, do they actually need to reply or does sending the duplicate Form 1 certified mail suffice?

3) When measuring the overall length this should be with stock fully extended to the muzzle correct?

4) Does using the Silencer Shop kiosks (have a few local to me) make this process easier (for both SBR and Suppressor)?

5) Also if anyone has used the service from Silencer Shop, if you purchase their Form 1 service and select the tax stamp option does this mean that I still need to send in the $200 check to the ATF?

Thanks in advance.

ETA: Does anyone happen to have the OAL of a 10.5" barreled AR with SOPMOD stock?
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 7:10:06 PM EDT
[#1]
2) As an individual with the notification of the CLEO, do they actually need to reply or does sending the duplicate Form 1 certified mail suffice?
View Quote

They don't need to reply, and you don't need to send it certified.  First class mail is fine (I'd assume fax or email would be as well, but I haven't really looked into it).  And CLEO can be local, county, state, at your choice--SilencerShop sends them to the state Attorney General.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 8:37:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 8:38:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 9:43:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Military guy here, finally gotten to the point that I'm settling down in one spot and not moving around every 3 years, so I have decided that I want to get my first SBR and suppressor.  Going to be utilizing one of my current AR lowers and will be filing a form 1, plan is to make a MK18 clone.  Legal resident of NY, but currently assigned to CO with orders, this making me a legal resident of the state for purchasing firearms (also never planning on moving back to NY because F*** NY).

So a few questions about the process:

1) Filing as an individual what does the engraving on the lower need to state?  Is it Full First and Last Name or Full First, Middle, Last Name?

3) When measuring the overall length this should be with stock fully extended to the muzzle correct?

4) Does using the Silencer Shop kiosks (have a few local to me) make this process easier (for both SBR and Suppressor)?

5) Also if anyone has used the service from Silencer Shop, if you purchase their Form 1 service and select the tax stamp option does this mean that I still need to send in the $200 check to the ATF?

Thanks in advance.

ETA: Does anyone happen to have the OAL of a 10.5" barreled AR with SOPMOD stock?
View Quote
2) Once you send the CLEO page of the Form off you've met your requirement. They don't need to respond and most would tell you to ignore them if they do.

4) Yes. Mostly for the prints but it's quick, free, and they keep them in case you want to use them again. You can even order cards from them based off your scanned prints and they will mail them to you.

5) When you buy a stamp from SS for a Form 1 or 4 you pay them and that's it. They send payment to the ATF
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 11:05:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the replies and advice everyone.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top