Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/29/2024 11:36:41 PM EDT
Gents,

I am looking at purchasing my first helmet. I have paid attention to Team Wendy and Hard Head Veterans.

Team Wendy Exfil LTP Bump $340.48

Hard Head Veterans Tactical Helmet Ate Bump $229.00. I like the price, color choices, and aesthetics of HHV.

Clearly the Hard Head Veterans is a better price. However, I have one recommendation for Team Wendy. I see that Lone Star Boars offers Team Wendy, too.

Does anyone have first hand experience with these helmets?

JMM
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 12:04:14 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a HHV bump helmet. It works fine. Arranging the padding so it was comfortable, didn’t slop around, and sat straight took some time, but it’s good to go now. The front shroud was very loose but HHV sent me another one. It wasn’t much better though. The strapping is adequate, but workable.

My buddy has a Team Wendy bump and he’s very happy with it. The suspension system is definitely more user friendly. It cost a bit more, but if I had to do it again I’d go with the Wendy.
Just my opinion, hope this helps.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 10:00:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a pair of HHV’s. One for jumping, one for LARPing. Two sets of pads with the helmets, two different thicknesses so you can mix and match to get a good fit. The harness is adjustable at the ends (double grommets) so you could pop it loose and extend it if you’ve got a face like a horse.

Never jumped with a TW but I’ve had hands on a few. They might have an edge ever so slightly on finish, and the retention system is baller. IMO, that’s probably where most of the price difference comes from.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 10:28:11 AM EDT
[#3]
TW or OpsCore are the go to for bump helmets.

Fine the price you like best between the two and buy.

Oh, and plan on getting the 4D Tactical helmet pads, they make a significant difference in comfort.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 4:07:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I've owned both.

Prefer the team wendy. Just a nicer built helmet and a better dial. More comfortable out of the box. Team wendy isn't perfect either though. Kind of an oddball helmet when compared to others.
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 10:58:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By FoxValleyTacDriver:
I've owned both.

Prefer the team wendy. Just a nicer built helmet and a better dial. More comfortable out of the box. Team wendy isn't perfect either though. Kind of an oddball helmet when compared to others.
View Quote

How so? I agree 100% about the comfort, BOA Dial, Cam Fit suspension and more. As you'll see everywhere here - 4D Pads are a MUST HAVE!
OP - go with OC or TW and don't waste your money on the others. My 3 cents.
Top Top