Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/31/2020 12:50:45 AM EDT
Does anyone here know the proper procedure to disassemble the Fire-Field NVRS 3x42 scope? Other than just randomly unscrewing everything to get it apart, I mean. Emails to the mfg for the info went unanswered. I have one I want to remove the gen1 tube and machine the housing to accept a gen2 tube. I have a couple of different gen2 tube sizes so I'm confident I can mount one in the nvrs housing. It will likely be a bit of work as the focal points of the lenses will likely be different. I may change out the objective lens too. The scope is manufactured with a f1.7 lens which really isn't the best option. An f1.2 or even f1.4 would be much better. For that matter, the gen1 tube would have benefited greatly from an f1.2 lens. I've seen early gen1 tank scopes with an f1.0 lens and the results were amazingly brighter than with an f1.7. Thank you for your time and your help.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top