Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/3/2018 10:13:53 PM EDT
Got my stamp back a year or so ago and I was planning on getting an underfolder stock for my charger. After seeing the underfolder stocks they just looked too bulky and ugly.
Pulled the trigger on the magpul x-22 backpacker and am quite pleased!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 11:30:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Sweet setup, and one I’ve never seen before.
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 2:17:46 PM EDT
[#2]
never mind I misread the op
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 3:02:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Didn't realize this was a Backpacker stock thread at first.

Just curious, did you run into any issues with the stock attaching to the charger receiver and/or barrel or is it a drop in replacement?

Also, do you see any benefit or drawback to having the red dot on the receiver vs using the optional mount to attach it to the handguard/barrel?
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 10:15:54 AM EDT
[#4]
That is a sweet setup.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 10:33:52 AM EDT
[#5]
That is awesome. How is the ergos?
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 1:13:46 PM EDT
[#6]
I will highly recommend the backpacker optic mount. Receiver mounts work but there is always some movement when taking it down. None with the Magpul mount. Nice looking set up op.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 1:16:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 6:59:37 PM EDT
[#8]
I dont get it. You can heave a collapsible or folding stock charger that is "ready to go" and takes up even less space than that setup does broken down.

I think the take-down think makes sense for full size rifles, but not sure what you gain here.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 7:55:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Attachment Attached File

One of my two favorite range toys.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 7:12:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Didn't realize this was a Backpacker stock thread at first.

Just curious, did you run into any issues with the stock attaching to the charger receiver and/or barrel or is it a drop in replacement?

Also, do you see any benefit or drawback to having the red dot on the receiver vs using the optional mount to attach it to the handguard/barrel?
View Quote
There were no issues with the stock. Direct drop in.
For the red dot I just didn’t feel the need to spend another $50 for the magpul mount. The factory rail has been fine and I haven’t noticed any zero shift over the 2 years I’ve had it on there.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 7:15:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I dont get it. You can heave a collapsible or folding stock charger that is "ready to go" and takes up even less space than that setup does broken down.

I think the take-down think makes sense for full size rifles, but not sure what you gain here.
View Quote
I thought about side folders but I wanted to keep it slim in the width department. And I like the storage capacity of the backpacker stock. With one in the gun, I can have 4 mags ready to go. And with the charger barrel I can have a 15rd mag in the gun with it broken down.
Plus, it’s different. I like it
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top