Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/15/2022 1:29:36 AM EDT
[#1]
bought mine in 2020 for 32k.  you did good op

Link Posted: 11/15/2022 4:15:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Love my m16a1 but I do want an A2 lower. Beautiful guns guys. Luckily I just took my Flemming HK sear in a burst pack home 2 weeks ago so Ive been busy with Mp5 stuff. :)
Link Posted: 11/15/2022 8:05:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TREETOP:
Educate me on the significance of the rollmark, every single M16A2 I've handled has been marked Burst rather than Auto. Is this an extra rare version? A re-stamp? Was this actually an auto gun rather than a burst gun?
View Quote

Yes it is an A2 that came factory full auto and auto marked.  They are more rare then burst marked a2s.  I think a lot of them were made for export.  Some guys (I'm one) just prefer it over a burst marked...usually they go for more.
Link Posted: 11/15/2022 8:06:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Amish_Bill:
Congrats!

I'm a bit jelly - all I have is a POS SPII conversion.
View Quote

Pffft. Shoots the same!!
Link Posted: 11/15/2022 8:25:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cajun22] [#5]
Heineken     good answer.

I have an OLY/Frankford Arsenal conversion. When I let people shoot it, they just smile. NONE ever asked if it was a Colt.

Colts are the gold standard and I would have bought one except for the smoking deal I got on this one from an estate.

BTW  Nice Specimen
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 8:53:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Frens] [#6]
Originally Posted By TREETOP:
Educate me on the significance of the rollmark, every single M16A2 I've handled has been marked Burst rather than Auto. Is this an extra rare version? A re-stamp? Was this actually an auto gun rather than a burst gun?
View Quote

Colt has always offered their gun in a couple of variants.. same gun can be ordered with different FCG.
The US specs required the A2 to have Burst FGC but any other customer could order the same A2 with either Auto or Burst mode.
This is something that creates a bit of confusion because the A1 have been offered only with the Auto FCG.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top