Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2022 7:33:13 AM EDT
I have a project I am planning out. I am going to add some small pieces of 7075 aluminum to an existing Beretta 92 frame. Because the frame is 7075, I hear it cannot be welded upon. So I plan on adding my pieces with taper pins and grinding smooth and then Cerakoting. If I have a tiny seam (less than a few thousands at most hopefully if I take my time fitting the parts), is there any accepted filler before Cerakoting? It looks like low temp aluminum solder won't work well with 7075 and I don't want to ruin the temper on the rest of the frame. Is it worth trying to JB weld or Alumbond (good aluminum epoxy) the small gaps? I read Cerakote isn't recommended over the top of Durafill.

I plan on a bunch of filling and sanding anyways so I don't know how much of a gap I will have afterwards. I expect it will look like SKS handguard pins which can almost be invisible.

The joint will be mechanically fastened so I don't need strength in the filler, just thinking of ways to fill any potential gaps if they come up for cosmetic reasons. Any help is appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 12:21:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top