Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2018 4:33:09 PM EDT
If you used the post-41F amendment that had this language:

This amendment shall be null and void upon approval of all pending National Firearms Act applications.
View Quote
Your application is likely to be rejected for corrections by the examiner.  Apparently the NFA lawyers exercised their right to change their mind.

There is a new amendment here that you should be able to resolve the issues and get your application approved.  
https://nfalawyers.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/41F-Amendment.pdf

I saw this on NFATracker forums http://www.nfatracker.com/community/topic/trust-from-nfalawyers-com-kicked-back-by-atf/
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 4:55:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Just wait for the error notice and then send it it I am guessing??

found answer...  yep.
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 5:01:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just wait for the error notice and then send it it I am guessing??
View Quote
Yes, that way you will not lose your place in line.
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 5:04:19 PM EDT
[#3]
God damn it
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 5:57:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I called his lawfirm a few months ago and spoke to his wife. According to her some with the older language has made its way thru the examiners without issue. She did direct me to the updated form that you have attached. I went ahead and printed it off and signed it and scanned it into my computer. Now I am just waiting for the call. Which kinda sucks. Hope they allow folks to email this correction to them.
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 6:01:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Yep, mine got flagged for correction.  Pretty simple fix and I had my stamp about a week later.
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 10:08:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yep, mine got flagged for correction.  Pretty simple fix and I had my stamp about a week later.
View Quote
How did they contact you?
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 9:28:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
The good news with this is that you will get a heads-up right before your stamp gets approved.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 12:01:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 3:34:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Just got off the phone with a Cathleen with the NFA trust division. She advised me that the amendment was no good and that I needed to correct it. I advised her that I knew It was incorrect and I had the corrected version ready for her. She gave me a email address and said mail it to her and she would give it to the examiner for final approval.

I also informed her I had possibly 5-6 other stamps pending that all had the incorrect version of the amendment. She said if I could get her the serial numbers to all of the items that was pending with the bad amendment she could put a note on those that would let other examiners know to contact her for the corrected version.

She also advised that the stamp should be at my door in the next 2 weeks.

The phone call came from Martinsburg, West Virginia just a FYI. She was also very bubbly and nice. It was kinda weird.

UPDATE:7 minuets after sending her a email will my updated amendment and serial numbers to all of my SBRs & Silencers that are pending she sent me this.

Thanks so much for your prompt response.  I have placed a note in the record of each of the serial numbers that you’ve provided me.  When the Research Assistants or Examiners reach them, they will come to me to get the updated amendment.  Hope that helps!

Thanks, have a great day!

Cathleen Payne

ALL PENDING APPLICATIONS WILL BE SENT FOR FINAL ACTION IF NO RESPONSE IS RECEIVED WITHIN 30 DAYS
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 4:14:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Mine was submitted last Nov and was approved without any issues
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 11:30:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 11:48:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I've four items pending with my NFAlawyers trust.  Would it worth it calling the NFA branch now and explaining that there would be an issue with the exemption form I submitted, to go ahead and send them the newer, correct form?
View Quote
They called me. I don’t think you could get a hold of them if you wanted. I could be wrong.

I would just have all my serial numbers ready along with the new signed form. When they call give them everything I like did.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 5:53:50 PM EDT
[#13]
I printed that one out and attached it to my 199trust when I sent in my TBAC paperwork with zero issues.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 10:10:25 PM EDT
[#14]
I guess I should post this here too.

Georgia

TRUST

FORM 1 SBR (PDF fillable version)

NFA Lawyers 41F Amendment removing 2 RP leaving myself as the sole RP

Payment USPS Money Order

Mailed 1/20/2017

Received call 1/11/2018 that 41F Amendment was incorrect and emailed updated version with in 5 min of phone call.
Received email backing within 7min that she had received it and all was good and it was off to the examiner for final approval.

Approved 1/12/2018

Mailed back 1/19/2018

Arrived 1/23/2018

Total days from Mailed to Approval………357
Total days from Mail box to Mail box……368
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 10:42:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 10:59:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Alright, cool. I submitted the new form for a purchase I made last week, and have a copy of the form ready to send in if/when needed for the stuff I currently have pending.
View Quote
Have your other serial numbers ready so you can let them know. The lady I spoke with put “notes” in all of my other pending submissions. She informed me that when another examiner came across my incorrect admendment they would see the note and know to contact her for the correct updated admendment.
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 12:01:27 AM EDT
[#17]
For those that submitted a corrected version did you indicate the ORIGINAL date (of the "bad" amendment) as the date signed or did just enter the actual (current) date.
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 7:25:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
For those that submitted a corrected version did you indicate the ORIGINAL date (of the "bad" amendment) as the date signed or did just enter the actual (current) date.
View Quote
I reached out to NFA lawyers back in November to see if the admendment actually worked. They informed me that some had approved and then they started to reject them. They informed me that nfa lawyers reached out to the nfa legal division and confirmed the new admendment was acceptable to use.

After that I printed off a new admendment and signed it and scanned it in. It was dated on nov 2017.

My most recent stamp a F1 sbr was filed in 1/20/17. I used the Nov 2017 admendment and the form 1 was approved.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 12:19:19 PM EDT
[#19]
I used them for my trust and got all my apps in before July 13, 2016. All mine were approved. Does this affect me in any way?
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 1:32:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I used them for my trust and got all my apps in before July 13, 2016. All mine were approved. Does this affect me in any way?
View Quote
You should not have any issues.
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 1:22:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Mine had that language and was approved 1/30/18.  No kickback.  YMMV.
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 5:29:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
The inconsistency at the NFA branch is amazing.
Link Posted: 3/4/2018 9:46:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yep much ado about nothing I guess. Just saw one come back approved that used the "old" amendment.
Link Posted: 3/17/2018 5:12:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/17/2018 6:15:29 PM EDT
[#25]
I just got mine back last week Approved with the original amendment.
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 2:01:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 4:32:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Georgia
Trust
Form 4 Ruger-SR

Purchased from QRF------ Feb 9 2017
Check cashed---------------Mar 11 2017

Received call 1/11/2018 that 41F Amendment was incorrect on another F1. I emailed the lady my updated correct amendment along with all of my other Serial numbers on all of my other pending F1s & F4s. She advised me that the other examiners could pull this record to keep from contacting me again.

On March 5th 2018 dealer received an error letter concerning my 41F Amendment, even tho correct updated version was sent in 2 months prior. The correct version was mailed back to ATF same day.

Approved ------------------March 22 2018
At Dealer------------------- April 2 2018

Total days from Purchase to Approval………406 days
Total days from Purchase to Pickup……......
Link Posted: 3/29/2018 7:27:36 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Georgia
Trust
Form 4 Ruger-SR

Purchased from QRF------ Feb 9 2017
Check cashed---------------Mar 11 2017

Received call 1/11/2018 that 41F Amendment was incorrect on another F1. I emailed the lady my updated correct amendment along with all of my other Serial numbers on all of my other pending F1s & F4s. She advised me that the other examiners could pull this record to keep from contacting me again.

On March 5th 2018 dealer received an error letter concerning my 41F Amendment, even tho correct updated version was sent in 2 months prior. The correct version was mailed back to ATF same day.

Approved ------------------March 22 2018
At Dealer-------------------?????

Total days from Purchase to Approval406 days
Total days from Purchase to Pickup......
View Quote
This is arbitrary to the point of insanity.  They are still approving some trusts with the "old" version of the amendment, and then kicking back some other ones.  Interested to know what examiner you had.
Link Posted: 3/29/2018 8:50:07 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
This is arbitrary to the point of insanity.  They are still approving some trusts with the "old" version of the amendment, and then kicking back some other ones.  Interested to know what examiner you had.
View Quote
Whoever it is was a dick. I think I posted in this thread earlier when my 1st F1 with the old amendment come up for approval in January the lady called me. She was very nice and said that I could email the updated version to her. I had it emailed to her in less than 30min.  She also associated all of my pending F1s&F4s with the new amendment that I sent her. So the examiner that approved my most recent stamp either did not look for that amendment or she didn't see it. Either way a damn email would have had the problem rectified in less than 15min.  But instead they sent a dang letter in the mail to QRF. From what Chris told me at QRF they wanted a version mailed back. Not even allowing for fax or email transmission.
Link Posted: 3/29/2018 12:15:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 6:40:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I ran into a similar issue.

My August 2017 submission was approved using the old amendment.

My June 2017 submission wasn't, NFA branch never contacted me but QRF is handling the transfer for it so I assume they did the same thing as yours, sent QRF a letter requesting the updated amendment form. They received the amended form March 2, and the inspector is Angela Edwards.

Eta - and it's still pending as of 3/29/18.
View Quote
Mine was a Catherine H.
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 1:10:24 PM EDT
[#32]
I just had this happen to me on two different cans from two different local dealers.  The first dealer notified me with enough time so the new amendment was printed and sent off in what should be plenty of time.  The second dealer notified me today and is saying the ATF wants prints and/or updated amendment by May 5th.  This sounds like it will be tough to get the form to my dealer (I will have to mail because it's too far to drive on short notice) and then to the ATF by Saturday.  Is there any way I can email or fax it to the ATF or must it be mailed in?
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 2:23:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I just had this happen to me on two different cans from two different local dealers.  The first dealer notified me with enough time so the new amendment was printed and sent off in what should be plenty of time.  The second dealer notified me today and is saying the ATF wants prints and/or updated amendment by May 5th.  This sounds like it will be tough to get the form to my dealer (I will have to mail because it's too far to drive on short notice) and then to the ATF by Saturday.  Is there any way I can email or fax it to the ATF or must it be mailed in?
View Quote
I was able to email my amendment the first time. I still have my contacts phone number and email.

Shoot me a Email not a PM and I will get it to you. It may not help but it’s worth a try.

@sm0413
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 3:10:45 PM EDT
[#34]
The interesting thing is I had 2 form 4s approved with the exact amendment, and 1 form 1 and 1 form 4 returned with the amendment. Edited out that part and it’s good to go now
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 5:02:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I was able to email my amendment the first time. I still have my contacts phone number and email.

Shoot me a Email not a PM and I will get it to you. It may not help but it’s worth a try.

@sm0413
View Quote
Thanks swampfox,  I talked to my dealer today and he is overnighting the rejection to me.  I found some info that states I should be able to call and get my examiner's email and they should accept via email.  I'm gonna give ATF a call tomorrow and see what they say, I'll email you swamfox if I need some more help.  Also, to be clear both of my dealers have been awesome so none of this is to tarnish them.
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 5:35:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 6:29:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 11:30:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Dean got a great bunch of people. Emailed twice a few questions and had answers with in the hour.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top