Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2018 7:35:34 AM EDT
Anyone have feedback on the fx9 pistol?
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 7:59:02 AM EDT
[#1]
I am following this for whatever information pops up. I know that I am interested in it, and I really want to get into one.
Link Posted: 7/31/2018 3:59:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Have no feedback yet, bought one last month and will be getting to shoot it for the first time this Saturday. Will update after said range session.
Link Posted: 7/31/2018 9:51:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Have the carbine and have sent it back twice. First time was for doubling and turn around was less than 1 week. I was told it had something to do with the FCG and bolt.
Bolt and fcg were replaced. The bolt they put in had the firing pin channel drilled to low no affect on function but I wasn't happy. Replaced the FCG with a hiperfire edt (lowed disconnect to be on the safe side), added a heavy buffer and chuckie cheese tokens for spacers, worked fine before just felt like it. To be fair it was one of the first few released and they took care of me no questions asked. Runs 100% and is very accurate. YMMV
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 7:01:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Ive been looking hard at this pistol.

Does it use standard barrels? So, if I am unhappy with the accuracy, I can easily swap out for a different manufactures barrel?

That's basically my only concern. Everything else on it looks great. Atlantic Firearms lists it as 5.5lbs unloaded as configured. Not bad.

I really like how it is put together to last basically forever. Steel wear surfaces, nickel boron and hard nitride coatings. It screams classy yet undervalued. Maybe I'm just partial to nickle boron coatings though .

Looking at it disassembled on the youtube videos, that's what sold me, as well as all the reports of great reliability.

The deal killer for me is accuracy. If I can't use it for hunting hogs at up to a moderate distance (say 125 yards), then I don't need a range toy.

I guess most people just shoot dirt these days,  but I'm looking for something to actually kill with. It's been so hard to find any accuracy reviews on most of the PCCs on the market.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 9:33:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Mine shoots 3 inches at 100 with Pakistani ball.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 11:56:08 AM EDT
[#6]
I've had one for about 6 months now and fired 300ish rds thru it. Some (+) and (-) of this platform:

(+) compact, 100% reliable with FMJs, comes from a good company, price, build quality

(-) Shockwave brace is NOT comfortable, spotty reliability with Federal Hi-Shok HPs, occasional fireball out of the ejection port, trigger

The most strange observation of this pistol is that some ammo results in some wild sparks/fireballs coming from the ejection port (all ammo I have used is factory produced). The trigger on mine really sucks (very heavy) but I recently had the opportunity to shoot a friend's new FX9 Carbine and his trigger was great...maybe mine was a fluke or they have improved across the board.

Here's my current setup:

This is the setup I used for some groups today:

Groups at 25 yards (prone from a bipod w/o rear support):
Link Posted: 8/23/2018 11:45:29 AM EDT
[#7]
thank you for posting accuracy results!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top