Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2022 1:04:35 PM EDT
Does anyone have any insight on when these may become available?
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 1:27:44 PM EDT
[#1]
It’s supposed to be the first quarter of this year, so it should be April.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 7:19:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Anyone get any word yet on pricing and availability?
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 10:11:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Also interested.
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 8:21:50 AM EDT
[#4]
My gut feeling is that the kits will be quite expensive, and many people won’t think it’s worth it, especially if they’ve already learned to live with the RCH on their SCAR.
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 11:14:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By willi3d:
My gut feeling is that the kits will be quite expensive, and many people won’t think it’s worth it, especially if they’ve already learned to live with the RCH on their SCAR.
View Quote

Correct, I’m guessing $799.99. Unless you put extra value in having a Belgian made rifle it’ll probably be cheap to sell what you have and buy a new NRCH version.
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 11:19:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Mblades:

Correct, I’m guessing $799.99. Unless you put extra value in having a Belgian made rifle it’ll probably be cheap to sell what you have and buy a new NRCH version.
View Quote

Or you are like me and your Belgium SCARs are SBR’d and you aren’t getting rid of them, plenty of us out there which is why I started the thread.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 1:07:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FullMetalMike] [#7]
View Quote

The non reciprocating charging handle is nice, but Im actually more interested in the kits for less reciprocating mass.  If it makes the gun more gentle on optics, itll be worth it.
Whether or not that is actually the case, I dont know though.  I should probably start looking into that.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 9:52:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By FullMetalMike:

The non reciprocating charging handle is nice, but Im actually more interested in the kits for less reciprocating mass.  If it makes the gun more gentle on optics, itll be worth it.
Whether or not that is actually the case, I dont know though.  I should probably start looking into that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

What optics have you broken?
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 1:43:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Mblades:

What optics have you broken?
View Quote

Clearly none and still watching videos from 2012
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 8:26:47 AM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

Agreed
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 2:06:11 PM EDT
[#11]
I can’t imagine they’ll be too much more expensive than current parts. A stripped reciprocating carrier from MGW is $380. A complete bolt/carrier assembly was $750, OOS of course.

I guess I can see it going the other way though, given FN premium prices.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 10:24:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By xxflyingturtlexx:

Clearly none and still watching videos from 2012
View Quote

Or I've been around long enough to know not to bother engaging a question like that.  Your contribution is a perfect example of how people act about this kind of stuff and why I know that my answer wouldn't be sufficient.

Lets pretend the answer is none and I'm "still watching videos from 2012."  Are you trying to say that the SCAR 17 *doesn't* actually beat up optics, sweetums?  Can you use your big boy words and express yourself better?
Link Posted: 5/30/2022 12:28:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Dang! $799 for the kit? In that case I will just leave my 16S be since the RCH does not bother me.
Link Posted: 5/30/2022 9:55:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By RABIDFOX50:
Dang! $799 for the kit? In that case I will just leave my 16S be since the RCH does not bother me.
View Quote

Where are you seeing that? Im seeing nothing on the FN estore or MGW.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 8:44:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Hi-desert Dog has them (out of stock) for $948.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 10:16:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Watch_this71:
View Quote

HDD has had their own version for years. Curious on the pricing for the FN kit.
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 8:50:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Watch_this71:
View Quote

Lol, at that price, you could sell your RCH 17 and get into a new one for half as much.
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 7:18:08 AM EDT
[#18]
Have these kits finally made their way to the market yet?
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 1:07:19 AM EDT
[#19]

Or I've been around long enough to know not to bother engaging a question like that.  Your contribution is a perfect example of how people act about this kind of stuff and why I know that my answer wouldn't be sufficient.

Lets pretend the answer is none and I'm "still watching videos from 2012."  Are you trying to say that the SCAR 17 *doesn't* actually beat up optics, sweetums?  Can you use your big boy words and express yourself better?
View Quote

I am exactly saying that baby doll. It is an industry standard now the optic companies proud themselves as running their products through vigorous testing, even Primary arms. When you research term “scar tested” comes very often. Most mid tear and up scopes will run just fine.

But earlier days scar 17 was eating a lot of optics. None of those optics are around anyways.

Any good quality scope mount (not cantilever) also suggested.

Hope this helps
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 2:36:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Midwest Gun Works has the NRCH parts diagram up on their site. Links lead to blank pages so cost is not certain.

https://www.midwestgunworks.com/fn-scar/parts.html
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 7:10:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By thirsty:
Midwest Gun Works has the NRCH parts diagram up on their site. Links lead to blank pages so cost is not certain.

View Quote

Hmm, even a different bolt?
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 9:08:37 PM EDT
[#22]

View All Quotes

Yeah I picked up on that too. Clicking the number takes us to “light semi auto bolt carrier.” Will be interesting to see what the deal with that is.

I can’t imagine any difference between bolts. The cam geometry has to be the same, extractor ejector and FP are the same.

Unless there’s been some lightening or something.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 2:44:03 PM EDT
[#23]
There's a new bolt (and firing pin) because of the 6.5 issues. That part diagram is organized for all calibers which is why you are seeing a new name.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 8:02:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: thirsty] [#24]
Retrofit kits are up on Midwest Gunworks.

Ouch.

$1000 for the complete bolt and carrier, $335 for the sled. Not including the CH axis or handles themselves.

I’ll stick with my non-reciprocating CH.

https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/38-101004

https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/38-100403
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 8:46:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Milspec99] [#25]

Ouch.

$1000 for the complete bolt and carrier, $335 for the sled. Not including the CH axis or handles themselves.

View Quote

Are these really for retrofit or just replacement parts?  Don't you need a different front plate for the sled to latch onto?
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 9:32:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Yes you'll need a new front plate that has a cross pin in it for the sled to latch
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 9:39:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Milspec99] [#27]
Originally Posted By Buffman_LT1:
Yes you'll need a new front plate that has a cross pin in it for the sled to latch
View Quote

Exactly my thought.  I couldn't find that part offered on MGW.  Maybe I missed it.

Sled, BCA, Charging handles etc come to $1,700+  Yikes.  Disheartening really.  The price for both charging handles is mind boggling.  

I've heard the bolt is different.  Not sure if it's true.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 11:53:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Those prices are insane. I will wait for a sale.
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 12:03:59 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By themao:
Those prices are insane. I will wait for a sale.
View Quote

Even if there was a 50% off sale, I’d still be at a hard pass.  I’ve managed to live with my RCH for years, and anything more that a couple of hundred dollars isn’t worth it to me.
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 10:00:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: thirsty] [#30]
Originally Posted By Milspec99:

Are these really for retrofit or just replacement parts?  Don't you need a different front plate for the sled to latch onto?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Milspec99:

Ouch.

I’ll have to check if the front plate is also offered. The parts diagram doesn’t link to the actual parts yet so one has to peruse the available parts catalog to find them listed.  

These aren’t retrofit kits per se, but given the prices of these spares, it’s likely more economical to just buy a whole new NRCH rifle.

ETA: the “light” bolt is different. Not certain if it’s required to run a NRCH rifle. If it’s priced consistent with the regular bolt, it’ll be $200-400. My guess all said and done a full NRCH retrofit will run you $2200 or so with these parts. Might as well spend $800 more and get the rest of the rifle.
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 2:15:19 PM EDT
[#31]

I’ll have to check if the front plate is also offered. The parts diagram doesn’t link to the actual parts yet so one has to peruse the available parts catalog to find them listed.  

These aren’t retrofit kits per se, but given the prices of these spares, it’s likely more economical to just buy a whole new NRCH rifle.

ETA: the “light” bolt is different. Not certain if it’s required to run a NRCH rifle. If it’s priced consistent with the regular bolt, it’ll be $200-400. My guess all said and done a full NRCH retrofit will run you $2200 or so with these parts. Might as well spend $800 more and get the rest of the rifle.
View Quote

Agreed
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 7:15:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Does anyone know specifically what parts are required to convert a RCH to NRCH?
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 4:47:17 PM EDT
[#33]
I have a SCAR 16s and a SCAR 17s.  Around Christmas I snagged a SCAR 17s NHRC thinking it would be the shizzel.  

Honestly it's not that big of a deal.  Once I put a vertical fore-grip on my older SCAR's the charging handle issue was no more.
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 8:51:48 PM EDT
[#34]
I add foregrips to my scars as well and have never gotten the scar bite.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 12:57:28 PM EDT
[#35]
https://fnestore.com/scar-nrch-conversion-kit?utm_source=Social&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=SCAR16SNRCHKit&utm_term=Launch&utm_content=011223
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 2:26:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: thirsty] [#36]
Originally Posted By awd_xtc:
https://fnestore.com/scar-nrch-conversion-kit?utm_source=Social&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=SCAR16SNRCHKit&utm_term=Launch&utm_content=011223
View Quote

Interesting. Wonder why the pricing disparity between MGW and FN. The full kit from FN is the same price as just the carrier assembly from MGW. Unless MGW’s carrier assembly is actually the full kit and is mislabeled?

No bolt included but if the standard bolt works, no biggie.
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 10:23:59 AM EDT
[#37]
I think FN has lost touch…$1000 for a conversion…please…but I bet there are suckers out there that have already ordered it.
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 10:41:21 AM EDT
[#38]
I agree about the forward vertical grip.  I could see other reasons to not want a RCH, like shooting while laying on the ground or other unconventional positions.  But for the price, there is no way I'd get it.  I thought 800$ was a stretch.

What's the deal with the options talk?  Does it not eat optics now?  Or was that not ever true?
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 10:22:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Sorry_Your_Girl_Lost:
Does it not eat optics now?
View Quote

Yes.  Unless my TA44 that was destroyed by my 16S last year was just a figment of my imagination.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 3:34:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Orion10182011:
I have a SCAR 16s and a SCAR 17s.  Around Christmas I snagged a SCAR 17s NHRC thinking it would be the shizzel.  

Honestly it's not that big of a deal.  Once I put a vertical fore-grip on my older SCAR's the charging handle issue was no more.
View Quote

Im not a fan of my nrch. Tbh I’ve been on the hunt for a rch carrier. Figure I’ll keep the nrch setup as well but I’d honestly prefer the rch overall, if I can even find a carrier. I’ve had a few people offer trades for my nrch but I think I want to have the option. Still changing it out would be a far smoother feeling action and no clunky crap when I’m breaking the sled free from its home position which kind of bothers me.
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 10:53:54 AM EDT
[#41]
NRCH install

FNs video on how to install. Looks easy, but again I'd rather just buy a whole nrch rifle for the money.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 8:49:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Funny. When I installed my KDG rail on my SCAR 16 NRCH, I noticed a rubber piece that slid out of the upper receiver. It was marked with an arrow and was like a buffer between the bolt carrier's hook and the latch. This kit does not have it.

When I get time in the next week or two, I'll take it a part and post a picture. My rifle works fine, but I notice it is hard to put the charging handle all the way forward at times. The rifle will still be in battery though.
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 8:54:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Same..  keeping my “Belgie” vanilla…not worth it.
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 5:41:31 PM EDT
[#44]
So looks like my fancy Lancer Carbon Fiber Forearm is not going to work with the new kit.  The Lancer forearm comes with it's own front plate.  Want to bet there's no way to add the latching pin to it?

Link Posted: 2/19/2023 6:33:26 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By mparker762:

Yes.  Unless my TA44 that was destroyed by my 16S last year was just a figment of my imagination.
View Quote

Not a figment of your imagination, but a bad TA44.
The 17, not 16 has the issue
Many of us run TA11s on 17s with ZERO issues
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top