Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/1/2021 10:23:51 PM EDT
I never really looked at them before, but now I live in a free state and suddenly these look interesting.
Who's got one and what do you think of them?

thanks!
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 11:00:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I had one and loved it. Recoil is very mild, 50 rounds is a ton or fun. You absolutely have to SBR it. Ultimately I sold mine to afford NVGs or I absolutely would still have it.

Go for it!
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 11:37:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Had one of the Gen 1 guns, they are fun but pricey shooters. It’s quite enough to shoot without hearing protection out in the open with the 16” bbl but definitely worth SBRing.

Link Posted: 12/1/2021 11:54:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Mine is sbr'ed and wears a turbo k. Love it
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 3:21:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Me and everyone else I let shoot mine really enjoy shooting it, really wish the ammo wasn’t so expensive or that they could make a .22 magnum conversion for cheaper practice.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 3:16:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Super cool, super fun.  Expensive to shoot.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 1:44:32 AM EDT
[#6]
It's an amazing PDW weapon. The accuracy is high. Tight groups with all ammo. The trigger is very usable. You can add your light, laser, and optic of your choice easy. The perfect sling is available for purchase. Mags are available and not pricey.

The downside? Ammo is still a dollar a round or more. And it is scarce.

SBRing is not straight forward. Either way you choose, you are damaging the factory barrel, just to remove it, chop or go with a replacement US made barrel makes no difference. This isn't like an Uzi where you unscrew a barrel nut and pull out the barrel.

I'm in the minority, but I don't really see the need to SBR the PS90 unless you were going to suppress it. The 16" barrel gives good boost in velocity and it's still a small handy package.

This isn't a legitimate downside, but loading the mags is a pain in the butt.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 2:41:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's an amazing PDW weapon. The accuracy is high. Tight groups with all ammo. The trigger is very usable. You can add your light, laser, and optic of your choice easy. The perfect sling is available for purchase. Mags are available and not pricey.

The downside? Ammo is still a dollar a round or more. And it is scarce.

SBRing is not straight forward. Either way you choose, you are damaging the factory barrel, just to remove it, chop or go with a replacement US made barrel makes no difference. This isn't like an Uzi where you unscrew a barrel nut and pull out the barrel.

I'm in the minority, but I don't really see the need to SBR the PS90 unless you were going to suppress it. The 16" barrel gives good boost in velocity and it's still a small handy package.

This isn't a legitimate downside, but loading the mags is a pain in the butt.
View Quote

About sums it up...

Forrest
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 4:25:43 PM EDT
[#8]
The only bad thing I will say about mine is that 5.7 is currently 4x the cost of 5.56.

My girlfriend has adopted it as her bump in the night gun since it has exactly no recoil and she shoots it well. I think it's a great gun for new shooters as a second caliber stepping up from .22lr.
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 1:56:48 AM EDT
[#9]
love mine. Its my favorite gun I own.

The only downside to it is ammo prices. but they will drop again eventually.
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 3:51:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Just bought one in December.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 12:20:12 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a PS90 and like it lot.  However, it isn't the best option out there.   The AR57 AR-15 pistol upper is far superior in my opinion.   You can use any AR-15 trigger in the AR57 (PS90 trigger sucks).  The AR57 takes PS90 magazines as well.    I also bought a CMMG Banshee chambered in 5.7X28 and it takes the FN FiveSeven magazines.

There is little aftermarket support for PS90 and nobody makes a drop in trigger replacement for it yet.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 12:55:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I have a PS90 and like it lot.  However, it isn't the best option out there.   The AR57 AR-15 pistol upper is far superior in my opinion.   You can use any AR-15 trigger in the AR57 (PS90 trigger sucks).  The AR57 takes PS90 magazines as well.    I also bought a CMMG Banshee chambered in 5.7X28 and it takes the FN FiveSeven magazines.

There is little aftermarket support for PS90 and nobody makes a drop in trigger replacement for it yet.
View Quote

I have an AR57 carbine upper on an Anderson lower with a Magpul MOE 6 position stock sporting a Vortex Sparc 2 dot.

While it is a neat rig, has been completely reliable and is fun to shoot, I also find it appreciably less accurate than the two FN PS90s (16in) that I have (one of which sports a Burris Fastfire III and the other a Vortex Razor (RZR-2001).

That's shooting FN (Fiocchi) SS-197SR...

The AR57 mags are excellent mags.

Of course, this involves a sample of one AR57 upper and it is what it is...

For what it's worth...

Forrest
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 3:39:10 PM EDT
[#13]
I've had mine for years and have enjoyed really enjoyed it. I traded three guns and also got it for blue label pricing ($850) or whatever FN calls it. I only had to pay $70 for tax and off I went. I finally swapped barrels last month after procrastinating for about 9 months. I went with the CMMG and kept the 16" incase  I am using the Switchback on mine with a TROS mount and RMR. Its a nice handy little package. The only thing that sucks is the cost of ammo. Bi-Mart had about 20 boxes in my hometown for $38 a box, but I wasn't able to purchase any and take it home on the plane with me. The current prices for 5.7 are insane!

Now, would I pay current pricing for one? I can say no. Just like my SCAR-16. At $1700 (used) it was a great buy when I snagged mine. At $2700+? A hard pass.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 9:47:24 PM EDT
[#14]
I had one. I lost interest very quickly. The style is too European for my liking....too curvy. I tried to like it.

That doesn't mean it isn't a cool gun.

I probably would have liked it more of it was an SBR.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 11:37:42 PM EDT
[#15]
I've had one for years.  I bought it for around $800 back in the day and SBR'ed it.  It's cool, but I lost interest pretty quickly.  I like quirky firearms and thought I would carry it around a bunch.  I didn't.  Shooting it doesn't give you the feeling of it being a capable weapon compared to other options, and ammo is expensive compared to 9mm (which is a near competitor for any practical use). It also doesn't look and feel like a quality firearm up close.  The receiver is pockmarked like a teenager and it's a straight blow-back with simple controls. There is a reason why pretty much no one uses them for serious work.  I you want it for a practical reason, you'll probably find better options.  If you want the cool factor, pick one up for sure.
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 12:28:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I've had one for years.  I bought it for around $800 back in the day and SBR'ed it.  It's cool, but I lost interest pretty quickly.  I like quirky firearms and thought I would carry it around a bunch.  I didn't.  Shooting it doesn't give you the feeling of it being a capable weapon compared to other options, and ammo is expensive compared to 9mm (which is a near competitor for any practical use). It also doesn't look and feel like a quality firearm up close.  The receiver is pockmarked like a teenager and it's a straight blow-back with simple controls. There is a reason why pretty much no one uses them for serious work.  I you want it for a practical reason, you'll probably find better options.  If you want the cool factor, pick one up for sure.
View Quote

No ones uses them for serious work, eh?

While we all know how well Wikipedia does with the truth ( ), still there's this...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FN_P90

Just sayin'...

Forrest
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 12:43:56 PM EDT
[#17]
I have a green SBR'd PS90 with gen 2 trigger pack.
Fun gun.
Very handy and compact.
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 2:47:12 PM EDT
[#18]
I bought mine when they were first available and SBR it in 2018, i love it and so do most who shoot it.

Ammo is the problem, need more less expensive options.
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 12:13:19 AM EDT
[#19]
My favorite rifle, shooting my least favorite to pay for ammo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top