Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/21/2018 6:37:18 PM EDT
Looked at some FN FNC mg's today... Pretty sure I looked at these a couple years ago and they were around $8,000. The asking price is now almost $20k. Sky is the limit on MG's, not meant for normal peons.

Guess if I ever want an MG I'll have to go the FFL/SOT route.
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 6:50:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Saw one posted on Strum the other day for around 16k. Supply and demand.. there's only one way for prices to go..
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 7:45:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 7:47:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Sellers will always ask crazy prices. You have to look at what they're actually selling for.
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 8:03:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Take that 20K and a little more $$$ and buy AR15 conversion.  Parts are plenty.

Parts for FN FNC is harder to find and more expensive.
View Quote
Pretty hard to argue with the AR15 route. Then you can go 10.3" to 16" and anywhere in between, 9mm to 5.56 etc. Nice flexibility that the FNC does not offer.
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 8:44:29 PM EDT
[#5]
15-17K seems to be the going price these days.
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 9:09:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't think any are moving at $20K.

Ruben has a whole pile of FNCs S&H sear guns on his site for $15,495 and $15,995.   Ruben is the gold standard in terms of pricing model, so just about anybody else should be selling for less.

For reference, there was a FNC (HTA RR) in the Julia auction today that went for $13.5 ($16K after 18% buyers premium)

I have never understood why somebody will go to an auction in the middle of fucking nowhere Maine to spend $16,000 on an Hard Times Armory RR conversion FNC, when they could get a better FNC done by Curtis Higgins from Ruben for $500 less by just picking up the phone.
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 9:59:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Looked at some FN FNC mg's today... Pretty sure I looked at these a couple years ago and they were around $8,000. The asking price is now almost $20k. Sky is the limit on MG's, not meant for normal peons.

View Quote
$20K!

Pays to shop around, Ruben has several for around $15K and takes forever to sell them.

I do not think being an FFL/SOT is going to get you a FNC any cheaper.

eta

or I could have read whole thread and posted, "^ what he said"
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 10:39:51 PM EDT
[#8]
FNCs are selling in the $12-15k range

$20k is someone hoping they will get lucky and be able to trade their FNC in for a M16.

But there is no limit to the price of MGs, especially during a strong economy, people have lots of disposable income to toss around.
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 10:55:56 PM EDT
[#9]
They are overpriced, when compared to the going rate for a RR m16.
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 10:59:47 PM EDT
[#10]
I messed up on not buying a sear when they were cheap

Link Posted: 3/21/2018 11:31:19 PM EDT
[#11]
I might have $6,000 into mine and I got it about 4 or 5 years ago.
I had bought an m11/9 for 2900 and I traded it for a sear. I had bought the FNC for 1800.00 a few years before.
3 round burst and sear instal was less than 1000.00.
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 11:25:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Frank listed 3 sears today for $12 each.
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 9:54:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
You're going to have $500-1000 PER YEAR wrapped up in a FFl/SOT + the price of the gun. You will also need LE demo letters which are hard to come by these days. You can find post sample MGs that dont require demo letters (usually from FFl/SOTs going out of business) but the MGs often sell for quite a premium.

Or you can go the transferable route with say a M11/9 + Lage Max11/15 + Max-11k which will run you about $11k total and gives you pistol and rifle caliber options.

Options A gives you more variety but youre just tossing money down the crapper. Option B has a lot more up front cost and less variety but the MG will likely appreciate in value.
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 10:04:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Have y'all seen a post sample FNC offered? Factory select-fire? The only FNCs I ever see for sale are sear conversions.
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 10:12:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 10:27:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Wikipedia says Indonesia's Pindad SS1 family (licensed FNC copy) is being phased out and replaced by the SS2 family.

Attachment Attached File

What are current import conditions from Indonesia? Could Century do it? Are any other forces retiring their FNCs?
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 1:45:48 PM EDT
[#17]
OP is wrong.

If anything they have been very slow to appreciate and only in the last 5 years have moved up.

The sears went from a steady $3K to $10-12K now.  Still a deal at 15-17K all in.  Other machine guns have appreciated MUCH more in that time.

My FNC always runs....my Colt M16 and POS M11 I cannot say that about.
Link Posted: 3/24/2018 1:01:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Have y'all seen a post sample FNC offered? Factory select-fire? The only FNCs I ever see for sale are sear conversions.
View Quote
I have never see a postie that I can recall, but have seen pre-sample FN-FNC and FN-CALs before.

Maybe 10 years ago  there seemed to be a couple pre-sample CALs for constantly coming back up for sale.
Link Posted: 3/25/2018 10:17:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

The sears went from a steady $3K to $10-12K now.  Still a deal at 15-17K all in.
View Quote
How are they a “deal”  at 15k to 17k when parts are pretty much non-existent and you can get a RR m16 conversion for 16k to 18k and an RLL for 13k to 15k? I really like FNC’s but their market price is too high. I think 9k to 11k is a range that makes more sense. Only way I can see someone paying the going rate is if you already have an m16, want another .223 cal mg and aren’t interested in an ac556.
Link Posted: 3/26/2018 1:54:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Wikipedia says Indonesia's Pindad SS1 family (licensed FNC copy) is being phased out and replaced by the SS2 family.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a5/SS1-V1.jpg

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/13082/Indonesia_SS1_family-490934.JPG

What are current import conditions from Indonesia? Could Century do it? Are any other forces retiring their FNCs?
View Quote
The regular military may be retiring their FNCs, but they'll probably go to arm the local police forces etc who still have a hodgepodge of weapons.
Link Posted: 3/26/2018 3:45:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Yeah they’d nuts.  M16 prices seem to have stagnated for like 24 months, but FNCs have gone mad.  For the little bit extra, I’ll take the converted AR15
Link Posted: 3/29/2018 12:39:42 AM EDT
[#22]
Yeah, just keep waiting. Keep looking back on "what they were selling for in xxxx". By the time you get off the fence, today's prices will be the ones people are reminiscing about.
Maybe even adding new things to remember like: "Remember when you could actually transfer NFA items? Boy, I wish I would have cashed in my retirement/sold my fancy truck and bought some when I had the chance."

Remember, today is always tomorrow's "good 'ol days".
Link Posted: 3/29/2018 1:08:20 AM EDT
[#23]
View Quote
Yeah. Sear were cheap until about 6mo/year before I managed to get mine. Aimpoints is a very appropriate optic choice. Nice.
Link Posted: 3/30/2018 9:25:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
I was thinking about this last week. In the 23 years I’ve been following the MG market, I have never seen a post sample FNC.
Link Posted: 3/30/2018 9:26:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a5/SS1-V1.jpg

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/13082/Indonesia_SS1_family-490934.JPG

View Quote
I emailed with a rep from Pindad on a few occasions asking about importing parts. They initially were interested, then went radio silent.
Link Posted: 3/31/2018 12:41:49 AM EDT
[#26]
more sears than hosts was a myth...  mid 3k serial number is about the highest seen.  there are 6k FNCs originally imported.

FNCs run like a top and not much really breaks.  I would guess most sell for $15k or less.   Wasn't too long ago a sear was offered for $8k and sat around a while at that.

I think you are seeing the MG market consolidate and basically everyone who is in the market as a serious collector will have a M16 of one kind or another in the collection.  However, there are far fewer FNCs out there.  And if you are a serious collector, you need at least one quasi modern Euro machine gun and its a pretty thin list out there.  And only one is an FN in 5.56.
Link Posted: 3/31/2018 7:45:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
more sears than hosts was a myth...  mid 3k serial number is about the highest seen.  there are 6k FNCs originally imported.

FNCs run like a top and not much really breaks.  I would guess most sell for $15k or less.   Wasn't too long ago a sear was offered for $8k and sat around a while at that.

I think you are seeing the MG market consolidate and basically everyone who is in the market as a serious collector will have a M16 of one kind or another in the collection.  However, there are far fewer FNCs out there.  And if you are a serious collector, you need at least one quasi modern Euro machine gun and its a pretty thin list out there.  And only one is an FN in 5.56.
View Quote
Spot on. The options for somewhat modern Euro transferables are FNC, AUG, HK roller delays, Beretta AR70 (very limited numbers), FAL, Valmets, and 416 upper for use on m16 lower.
Link Posted: 3/31/2018 7:51:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Just get a "full semi-auto"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top