Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2019 4:43:29 PM EDT
Hi guys, I’m not an FFL but have a question about something.

If I buy a suppressor online, have it shipped to a local FFL on form 3, file a form 4 to transfer it to my trust, and the FFL moves out of the state during that process before the form 4 clears.....what happens to my transfer and my suppressor?
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 4:58:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hi guys, I’m not an FFL but have a question about something.

If I buy a suppressor online, have it shipped to a local FFL on form 3, file a form 4 to transfer it to my trust, and the FFL moves out of the state during that process before the form 4 clears.....what happens to my transfer and my suppressor?
View Quote
The transferring SOT would have to cancel the F4, F3 it to another SOT who will remain in your state, and you'd restart the F4 process with the new in-state SOT.

It is possible in unusual circumstances like this that if the moving SOT contacted ATF prior to their move, ATF would expedite all the remaining transfers for that SOT, or at least expedite the cancellations and F3 transfers to different SOTs who aren't moving out of state.

If such a situation were to occur, the moving SOT really better be moving heaven and earth to make it right for the customers (who've probably already paid) whom their move will be inconveniencing.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 5:13:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Wow, Shitty situation...
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 12:53:06 AM EDT
[#3]
SOT's who are planning to move will cut off starting F4's 8-10 months before the move.

Also an interstate move means forming a business entity in the new state, applying for the new FFL in the new state, paying the SOT, transferring any NFA inventory to the FFL in the new state... it's not going to happen overnight or even in a month.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 11:10:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Super. Thanks for the info guys!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top