Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2022 1:55:27 PM EDT
I was putting the finishing touches on my optic for slugs and put a few rounds of Federal Flight Control on cardboard and took some pics for your enjoyment.

Range was 25 yards. Gun was Beretta 1301 with the IC choke it came with.

The 8 shot patterned about 3” tighter at that range but all shots would of stayed in the torso if I was shooting at a human sized target.
The 9 pellet load is about 200fps faster than the 8 pellet. I haven’t been able to find any of the reduced recoil 9 pellet. So I’m not sure how much that affects the results.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

The bottom pic is overlapped with an 8 pellet, 9 pellet and one slug. The circled holes are the 9 pellet load.

At 100 yards the Winchester slugs made a 3 shot hole “almost” touching about 6” low with a 50 yard zero.
I was using the dot without the circle for as much precision I could get at that range. Optic is a Holosun 507C, I’m still not sure if it’s staying yet or if I’ll go with something else. I’m thinking I want a closed emmiter since I’ll be using the gun for hunting this fall.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 2:01:22 PM EDT
[#1]
@HuntingForFun

I didn’t want to muck up your discussion thread so I started a new one.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 5:09:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@HuntingForFun

I didn’t want to muck up your discussion thread so I started a new one.
View Quote

Thank you for the mention to your thread!

No problem posting that in the  thread, we're all here to learn .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top