Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2020 3:17:16 PM EDT
I havent really been paying attention to scar pricing lately but I am considering selling my Belgium Fde 17s.  It comes with a brand new 17s barrel (was going to have chopped), oem lower, handl lower, G trigger installed in handl, extra stock, and 15 scar mags.  Also has PMM mlok rails in the front and PMM rear QD attachments. Has the original pictanny rails as well.  Round count is less than 300 rounds.
Just wondering what yall think as far as pricing? Thank you in advanced.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 7:00:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Id be holding onto it til closer to election season.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 12:30:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I havent really been paying attention to scar pricing lately but I am considering selling my Belgium Fde 17s.  It comes with a brand new 17s barrel (was going to have chopped), oem lower, handl lower, G trigger installed in handl, extra stock, and 15 scar mags.  Also has PMM mlok rails in the front and PMM rear QD attachments. Has the original pictanny rails as well.  Round count is less than 300 rounds.
View Quote

Don't sell it as a package is my first point of recommendation. Separate the factory gun + factory lower + one factory magazine from the rest.

Then sell your barrel + Super SCAR trigger + extra magazines + other accessories separately.

For the factory Belgium FDE SCAR 17, I have seen everything from $2800 into the low $3000s range. Just depends how fast you want to sell it.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 12:37:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Interesting, didnt think of selling them separately. Thank you
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 1:00:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Don't sell it as a package is my first point of recommendation. Separate the factory gun + factory lower + one factory magazine from the rest.

Then sell your barrel + Super SCAR trigger + extra magazines + other accessories separately.

For the factory Belgium FDE SCAR 17, I have seen everything from $2800 into the low $3000s range. Just depends how fast you want to sell it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Definitely agree on separating. Trying to sell as a package is going to gimp the total price substantially. No one wants whatever particular combo of parts you want but you, and while they may take them, they won’t value it at what you did. People will value the individual parts though as they piece together whatever combo they want. People trying to sell “custom” stuff on armslist learn this lesson every day.

Return it to OEM, and sell parts separately.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 12:02:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Nobody wants your "custom" rifle. Separate...or wait for the shit show in November 2020.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 10:16:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I sold a very nice Belgian SCAR17 with an OD receiver just under a year ago. The days of $3k+ resale SCARs are over, for now.

As mentioned above, part everything out and never sell as a bundle. That never works unless you are selling collectible stuff to a collector with money.

$2600-2700 is what you will probably be able to net for the rifle in stock config with 1-3 magazines after a patient sale. You'll receive a lot of interest, lowball offers in the $2300-2500 range, and strange multi-part trade offers. A whole lot of people want a SCAR 17, but few want to pay for it. Prospective buyers will cite the prices they can get on a new, US made SCAR to try and negotiate you down, but you both know they really want yours...

Mine sat for months before going for $2800.

Try other forum EEs if you want a higher serious-buyer-to-noise ratio.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 3:38:16 PM EDT
[#7]
FWIW, I just bought a FDE Scar17 with 100 rounds downrange (and yes, I believe him after looking at it) with MREX rail for $2500 and feel it was a good deal both ways. If he held out, I'd guess he could have gotten another $100-200 at most. I agree with the others, part it all out unless you find a buyer who just has to have all that. For me, I wanted the MREX rail and not much other doo-dads so it worked great for me.

Still, I may be interested in some of those parts should you decide to separate.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 1:15:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Def separate, the scar mags are currently goin& for 59 bucks each now
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 1:36:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Def separate, the scar mags are currently goin& for 59 bucks each now
View Quote

Yeah what is that about? They were $39, and $34 on sale all the time for the past 2-4 years. I noticed that jump in price to.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 7:50:54 AM EDT
[#10]
I’ve recently bought mags for about $30-35 each from private sellers but have also seen them for slightly more from retailers. Unsure where mags are $59 but also don’t care. I’m gtg but if I see a few at a reasonable price, I’d pick them up.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:06:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I’ve recently bought mags for about $30-35 each from private sellers but have also seen them for slightly more from retailers. Unsure where mags are $59 but also don’t care. I’m gtg but if I see a few at a reasonable price, I’d pick them up.
View Quote

Used scar 17 mags range anywhere from $25-35 depending on condition/quantity. New retail at $50+

I have 30 used mags and 20 NIB mags I intend to flip during the election when SHTF for $100-150 each. Watch and see...
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 11:09:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Used scar 17 mags range anywhere from $25-35 depending on condition/quantity. New retail at $50+

I have 30 used mags and 20 NIB mags I intend to flip during the election when SHTF for $100-150 each. Watch and see...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah deals are out there on mags, you just have to keep an eye out. I got mine on the EE and picked up a couple dozen FDE’s for like 20ish bucks each shipped IIRC.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top