Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2020 12:26:32 PM EDT
I've got a G2 Contender and am going to do an eform1 through Silencer Shop on it. (It's already paid for. I just need to log in and fill out everything.)   I've had Contenders since the early 80s, but bought this one a while back because I wanted to build a suppressed 300 Blackout and didn't want to use one of my old frames.    What I hadn't noticed on it was the part in bold.

G2 CONTENDER
T/C ARMS
MFG BY S&W
SPFLD, MA

I was originally thinking Box 4a original mfr was T/C Arms, but reading that it appears it should be S&W w/ an address of SPFLD, MA.   Is the S&W answer correct?  

Link Posted: 5/7/2020 7:07:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 7:23:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not sure, but who is the listed "manufacturer"?  

There are actually only a handful of companies actually manufacturing  AR15 receivers from forgings. But they sell to other manufacturers who have a marking variance, which then add their own markings.

So that "Bob's Blaster" brand AR15 might have actually been made by LAR. But you list "Bob's Blaster" as the mfg. on the Form 1, and it goes through just fine.

I would just list T/C Arms.

But others may have a better answer.
View Quote

They've always been Thompson Center Contenders.  I didn't realize that S&W was making them.   Not sure when they started.  The receiver lists TC first, but then has MFG by S&W which has me wondering which to put.   I'm not sure if this is some variance thing where TC is the listed mfr, but S&W makes them for them, or if S&W is the MFR and puts TC on them because that's what people expect.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top