Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2022 2:46:32 AM EDT
Stated reason: FINGERPRINTS NOT RECEIVED. DISAPPROVED
FORM AND REFUND IN PROCESS.

The same thing happened to me last year with the same stated reason. Except that in both cases I mailed the ATF all required fingerprint cards with the cover letter.  WTF am I doing wrong?  What is the correct address to mail them to?
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 6:16:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 8:48:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The address listed on the cover sheet.
View Quote

That's where they were sent.  My next question: Am I the retard or are they?
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 9:13:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Its happened to me twice now. Funny thing is I did 3 at the same time. One was denied for a bad trust, one denied for fingerprints not received, and one approved. All 3 done at the same time, all 3 cover sheets sent in with fingerprint cards, all 3 used same trust. Round 3 soon for the other 2. Silly.
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 9:29:42 AM EDT
[#4]
I've said the same thing to every single person I've helped work through the form 1 process: assume from beginning that the ATF is actively working to discourage you from doing this, then everything will make sense.

You can pay a couple extra bucks to ship with tracking if you want next time. Make sure you're filling out the fingerprint card correctly too, and there are templates out there so you can confirm that.
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 9:38:36 AM EDT
[#5]
I used Fedex 2 day to send my prints mostly because it was less than a week before Christmas and I wanted in before the Eform site change over.
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 9:53:52 AM EDT
[#6]
i dont know if you tracked it or not, but on my last 2 F1's, i sent the fingerprints priority mail the same day i submitted the eForms.  They took 5 days to leave Texas, then went to New Jersey, from there to Colorado, then to New Mexico.  By this time i was just a few days from my 10 business days to submit.  So I rolled another set and sent them 2nd day Fedex.  My second set and the first set arrived the same day....

Point is, track it, USPS drops the ball at times.
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 12:29:56 PM EDT
[#7]
They must be in a denial kind of mood this month. I had a AK pistol that I form 1’d to make into an SBR and it came back approved within 2 weeks in April 2022. I sent in two other SBR Form 1’s the same day, and one came back disapproved due to an invalid signature on my RPQ (same digital signature I used on the approved form 1 that was submitted the same day on a different Form 1 application) and the second form 1 application was denied because I apparently used an invalid model number. Seems like they could have just sent me a correction email for the erroneous model number, but I’m having to re-submit both denied applications from scratch including sending new fingerprint cards.
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 7:07:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 10:13:48 PM EDT
[#9]
I use UPS and usually 2 day transit for my location.
/Knocks on wood : all prints received
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 8:42:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I've said the same thing to every single person I've helped work through the form 1 process: assume from beginning that the ATF is actively working to discourage you from doing this, then everything will make sense.

You can pay a couple extra bucks to ship with tracking if you want next time. Make sure you're filling out the fingerprint card correctly too, and there are templates out there so you can confirm that.
View Quote

When I did a form on I sent requiring a signature at delivery also.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 11:36:59 AM EDT
[#11]
People think I’m crazy, but I don’t do the E-Form crapola.

I mail in forms and wait and get a real stamp in the mail. Everything arrives together, nothing is claimed to be not there.

So I have to wait longer, big deal. I’ll shoot my other 87 cans/receivers/MGs...
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 7:57:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Last ones I sent certified.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 6:46:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Last ones I sent certified.
View Quote

I sent my fingerprints certified but really does it matter? If the ATF says they cannot find them you are most likely screwed.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 2:33:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 6:47:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I sent my fingerprints certified but really does it matter? If the ATF says they cannot find them you are most likely screwed.
View Quote

Came to say exactly this. I'd say we've probably had one every 6-8 months go missing at my shop (thanks USPS) and we used to mail everything with tracking.

After the third or fourth go round, nobody cared about or would accept any type of tracking info, they could care less if it got delivered or not.....they still couldn't find them.

Fedex, UPS, overnight, USPS signature required, etc., anything beyond a normal USPS stamp is a waste of your money to be honest.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 7:09:54 PM EDT
[#16]
I wonder if there is an actual directive from "upstairs" to find a way to deny, reject, or otherwise fail to approve a certain percentage of the forms the various clerks receive now that there is a new administration in the White House?
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 12:51:22 AM EDT
[#17]
I send that shit priority mail.
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 11:59:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I wonder if there is an actual directive from "upstairs" to find a way to deny, reject, or otherwise fail to approve a certain percentage of the forms the various clerks receive now that there is a new administration in the White House?
View Quote

There must be. I was denied 3 times for a SBR form 1. They lost the prints once, wrong model number the second time, and just flat out denied with no reason given.

This has to be a flat 30% rejection rate that they bake into the process to try and slow down the numbers. Its the only thing that makes sense to me.
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 3:32:10 PM EDT
[#19]
I’ve always used UPS letter…it’s cheaper than ground and tracked. Once delivered, and on the off chance of a denial because “fingerprints didn’t arrive”, I’d respond with tracking info and date it was delivered. Ask then how to proceed because they have it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top