Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2018 10:34:23 PM EDT
Being my first jump into the handgun caliber AR style weapons platform arena, I kept an open mind as to what this would offer. Several features led me to this purchase to include low price, Glock magazine capability, included pistol brace, lightweight, Glock magazine capability.

I ordered the light on a Friday afternoon and it arrived at my dealer the next Thursday morning, which includes the time for my dealer to send their FFL information. They kept me up-to-date with an accurate tracking record for UPS which was a plus.

Takedown of the Upper from the lower is simple, push out the rear push pin and instead of a front push pin it is just a simple hook that hooks the upper on to the lower.  Push it off and voila.

I added one of the Bushnell Trophy TRS-25 Red Dot Sights to the top, later using a budget UTG Med-pro Compact Riser Mount, 0.83" High to raise it up a little bit.  I still have to try it out a little to see exactly which height I prefer. Someone with more experience with these type of guns would probably figure it out a little quicker LOL

Unfortunately the low price comes with a bigger price. Now I want to buy a suppressor so I will be jumping into the dirty world of NFA item now.  Thanks Extar for starting me towards the poorhouse . .

Personal disclaimer
In exchange for posting a review, they say they will send me a free cute little rail kit. To be 100% honest, I was going to be blabbing about this thing anyway so this is just a little extra icing on the cake.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 11:00:28 AM EDT
[#1]
A review.......without a single pic?

Link Posted: 5/1/2018 11:40:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Got mine a couple weeks ago. Like it more every time I pick it up. 4lbs with the brace!!! Eats everything I've thrown at it. Zero issues with multiple types and weight ammo. Awesome gun. Unbelievable price.

Very soft shooting. It just stays on target. Soft enough for our 9mm recoil sensitive members.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 12:04:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A review.......without a single pic?

View Quote
I haven't taken any pictures with the optic mounted and I wrote the review at work last night on my phone. I'll pop one up later. I'm still trying to get around to mounting a light to it as well. I have a crappy Surefire sitting around collecting dust that will be good enough to start with.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 1:08:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Does the weapon actually feel solid and robust? That's my main concern with it looking like an all plastic AR.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 1:21:41 PM EDT
[#5]
At the price point yes I believe it's an outstanding value if compared to a high end pcc  obviously it comes short of that.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 6:52:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Does the weapon actually feel solid and robust? That's my main concern with it looking like an all plastic AR.
View Quote
It's not a German MP5 at $419 but they deliver A LOT for the price.  I had been considering buying apsa 9mm at $549 but I just couldn't pull the trigger just for that price (pardon the pun).  Less than $500 including shipping and FFL fees made it worth the risk.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 11:43:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It's not a German MP5 at $419 but they deliver A LOT for the price.  I had been considering buying apsa 9mm at $549 but I just couldn't pull the trigger just for that price (pardon the pun).  Less than $500 including shipping and FFL fees made it worth the risk.
View Quote
Well of course I'm not expecting to be able to use it to rappel down a ventilation shaft with one, but if say...I take it to a class, or even using it for HD, if I bang the end of the brace against a doorjamb will the receiver extension break off? That's my main concern.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 5:21:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Well of course I'm not expecting to be able to use it to rappel down a ventilation shaft with one, but if say...I take it to a class, or even using it for HD, if I bang the end of the brace against a doorjamb will the receiver extension break off? That's my main concern.
View Quote
I didn't get to bang it on anything so I'm not sure, but I did get to shoot it today.

I dug around and found an assortment of Glock 17 magazines that were pretty loaded with all sorts of stuff. Two of them had 115 grain Blazer Full Metal Jacket, one of them was I think Winchester white box 115 grain full metal jacket that I bought in 2007 and another was a magazine of Georgia Arms 115 grain Gold Dot + p.  The Georgia Arms nickel-plated brass cases were kicked out with authority and everything worked fine, no misfires, no Miss feeds and the last round bolt hold open work every time.  I had several brand new Glock magazines that I loaded with five rounds apiece to test that multiple times.  It jumped a little bit but I have very little experience with ar style shooting so I have to find a good technique.  I had several people at the range interested in it as well, especially when I told them the price.

I was looking around in my laundry/ammo room because I know I picked up a clearance bag from Academy several years ago that might work. It was a girl's softball equipment bag with a lower section long enough for bats to be stored in the upper Department had just enough room for the gun to slide in easily with the red. Mounted on top.  I'll upload pictures in a few minutes.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 5:29:27 PM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 5/2/2018 5:32:05 PM EDT
[#10]
There are two inside zippered pockets, 1 mesh one solid material that look like they are long enough to easily hold 33-round magazines.  Since I bought this a couple years ago you probably won't be able to find this exact model if you are interested, but a softball bag seems like a good way to conceal this into an ordinary looking item.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top