Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/28/2020 11:56:55 AM EDT
Ruger has put out the Hawkeye Long Range Hunter and it looks fascinating.

Ruger website

It’s chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor and 6.5 PRC and only weighs 7.2 pounds with box mag system and the mount. Anyone else intrigued by this? Also, where should I look to find it in stock? It seems like it could be a fun knock around hunting rifle if the price is right.

Ruger keeps pushing stuff to market that is so interesting. I admittedly love the GSR and didn’t get the 6.5 Creedmoor version, which has all but disappeared from the market.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 10:26:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I think this is a REALLY cool looking rifle, I'm going to look around for real life prices on it first though.  If I can get it solidly under a grand it could really work out for me.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 1:24:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Agreed. I found it on Buds for just over a grand, but I think the initial prices may drop as supply and demand set in.

I’m especially interested in seeing how it performs for accuracy.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 3:06:26 AM EDT
[#3]
I am really having a hard time deciding if I want this or an RPR in 300 Win Mag.  I need something to fill the role of a hybrid target/long range hunting gun.  I love 300 Win Mag so the Hawkeye LRT and RPR Magnum are the frontrunners.  My areas where I hunt long range don't require me to walk far, so lugging the weight around isn't a huge deal to me.

I handled the RPR and loved how it felt, but on the other hand I reeeaally like controlled round feed for hunting, and the stock on the Hawkeye LRT is really cool looking.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 10:53:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Got to handle one. They feel nice, albeit a little heavier than I expected. Fit and finish in person is pretty nice! I’m edging closer to purchasing one.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 12:31:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Got to handle one. They feel nice, albeit a little heavier than I expected. Fit and finish in person is pretty nice! I’m edging closer to purchasing one.
View Quote
Did you end up getting one?  I decided to go with the RPR Magnum, as I ended up getting a great deal on one but if not for the deal I'd have gone with the Hawkeye LRT.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top