Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2021 8:46:18 AM EDT
Finally decided to go with Kywi for my warbelt, at least I think.  Does anyone know of any other alternatives? I don't like the TACOs plus they are so expensive. The G Code Scorpions are ok but don't come in Multicam. What other open top mag pouches would you guys recommend.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 9:42:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Kywi is the way.  I’d wager even the Mandolorian uses them.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 9:47:11 AM EDT
[#2]
I had all taco's but disliked the hanging cord at the bottom. I tried kywi's and never looked back.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 11:07:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Finally decided to go with Kywi for my warbelt, at least I think.  Does anyone know of any other alternatives? I don't like the TACOs plus they are so expensive. The G Code Scorpions are ok but don't come in Multicam. What other open top mag pouches would you guys recommend.
View Quote
I tried other options, tacos, various pouches e magnets in em. Kywis are far and away my favorite for polymer mags
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 11:21:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Mid height Kywi’s for the win

They put the mag at a great height and retain well without making them difficult to draw
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 1:54:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Ive used about every mag pouch on the market, and esstac's stuff is definitely top of the list for me. Every belt/PC I have has esstac stuff on it.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 2:45:50 PM EDT
[#6]
I use esstac on my belt, but I ran Tactical Taylor pistol mag pouches overseas.  Loved them and they are the best of both worlds. They have adjustable/removable velcro flaps and they also have molded retention clips to securely hold your pistol mag in each pouch.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 2:49:47 PM EDT
[#7]
esstac
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 10:47:59 PM EDT
[#8]
I hear how they are great for polymer magazines like Glock, but how are they with metal mags such as S&W or Beretta? Do they retain those just as well?
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 11:08:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I hear how they are great for polymer magazines like Glock, but how are they with metal mags such as S&W or Beretta? Do they retain those just as well?
View Quote
They work great on my metal FN mags
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 6:19:26 AM EDT
[#10]
I have a double pistol kiwi on my belt and a triple mag kiwi placard on my PC. Great pouches.

For my belt mounted rifle mag, I use a Fireforce USMC speed reload pouch. They're dirt cheap, US made, and work extremely well for GI mags.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 5:14:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Something that will open up a whole world of options for you is that you can take anything kydex and wrap it in Multicam Adhesive fabric.  

It's very "tactical crafts" and if you're not a patient fella that can do that kind of thing it might not be for you.  It admittedly feels a bit ridiculous to use my wife's arts and crafts stuff to cut perfectly the fabric to apply it, but it looks pretty cool when you do it right and up's your "cool guy" factor since it's super custom.  There are some folks you can find on Instagram and Facebook who do custom wraps of kydex as well and will basically wrap anything you want to pay them to wrap in whatever camo pattern they can get ahold of.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top