Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2021 12:03:09 AM EDT
MODS PLEASE MOVE/DELETE IF THIS IS IN THE WRONG PLACE!

Got this email a few minutes ago and thought I'd share. Bulletproof Zone is giving away a set of Level III plates (polyethylene steel). Free to enter; and you get multiple entries. Ends 3/4/2021!

https://bulletproofzone.com/pages/legacy-giveaway

I bought my plates and carrier from them. The seem to be decent plates. And the carrier is nice. Obviously they're not light since they're steel. But it's better than nothing. I paid less than $200 (for carrier AND plates) with the promotion they had at the time plus the coupon code I found.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 12:08:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Thread title says Level II.
Link says Level III.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 10:25:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Nice. Thank you
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 1:02:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Polyethylene steel, huh?
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 2:18:09 AM EDT
[#4]
"NIJ 0101.06 certified"

Hmm
Checks CPL

NOPE..
Now a steel/PE hybrid does intrigue me if true. Their level IV offering, speaks of Chinese import..
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 7:28:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah I don't know how they're claiming NIJ cert.

I don't think it's any kind of hybrid, it's just pure PE.

Those are all the rage with the yootoob tards lately.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 9:33:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
"NIJ 0101.06 certified"

Hmm
Checks CPL

NOPE..
View Quote

They're not using the NIJ Listed mark, so they're probably going to get away with it.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 10:41:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

They're not using the NIJ Listed mark, so they're probably going to get away with it.
View Quote
They're using something like it on the page:

Level IV with "starburst" logo.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 12:07:43 AM EDT
[#8]
1.3" thick? That seems excessive but I don't know much about armor. I have a pair of curved IV ceramics that are girthy but not that girthy.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 12:45:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
They're using something like it on the page:

Level IV with "starburst" logo.
View Quote

I ain't a trademark attorney, but looking at the NIJ Listed Model registration, I bet they'll successfully claim ignorance on it. CJTEC talks about the mark a lot, so at this point I think they can't even do anything about a company straight up lying and saying "NIJ certified".
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 12:53:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:  1.3" thick? That seems excessive but I don't know much about armor. I have a pair of curved IV ceramics that are girthy but not that girthy.
View Quote

Poly level 3 plates.  Very lightweight, don't stop M855.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 1:36:51 PM EDT
[#11]
BPZ confirmed they are 100% pure PE through and through. Marketing made a boo-boo
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top