Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2018 1:46:57 PM EDT
Anyone else get one of these ink stamps on their forms?

One of the last stamps I got back has a red ink stamp that says "Per 27 CFR 478.92 and 479.102, the maker must stamp the firearm with the makers name, city and state"

The weird thing is I entered that information already in box 4H, so I already stated on the form I intended to engrave it with my information...

Then the next form I got back after this one did not have this stamp?  (of course, I have had stamps approved with certain wording, and others needed a correction with the exact same wording, so who knows anymore?)

Pic of my laminated copy:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 6:09:52 PM EDT
[#1]
There is no debate. It should have been dissaproved from what I've seen in the past.  Unless thats what they are doing 'nowadays'.  Its long been established name/city/state gets engraved.  But it would have been easier all this time to just stamp it like it is on yours vs sending the forms back for corrections.  The red stamp does the same thing.

Maybe the NFA branch is trying to cut some time off forms processing.
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 8:53:16 PM EDT
[#2]
My last 2 form 1s had no such stamps on them, and they were from 2 different examiners.
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 9:00:33 PM EDT
[#3]
My latest Form 1 has the same stamp, and is approved.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 6:04:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My latest Form 1 has the same stamp, and is approved.
View Quote
Thats a good sign then.  It means instead of gumming up the worx with dissaproved forms for this field being ''''incorrect''' they simply stamp it with that stamp.

WAY better idea.  There may be hope for NFA branch!

But it remains to be seen if I'll get mine rejected for not putting "CZ" in the 'model' field.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 6:22:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Thats a good sign then.  It means instead of gumming up the worx with dissaproved forms for this field being ''''incorrect''' they simply stamp it with that stamp.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
The weird thing is I entered that information already in box 4H, so I already stated on the form I intended to engrave it with my information...
What field would be incorrect?  And why are all the forms/examiners not using this stamp?
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 7:18:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

What field would be incorrect?  And why are all the forms/examiners not using this stamp?
View Quote
It's incorrect because you are required to put your name/city/state in that box where the red stamp is now being used.

The change appears to be a stamp vs sending the form back to you.  None of my forms have a red stamp and I complete the box with my name/city/state.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 7:43:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It's incorrect because you are required to put your name/city/state in that box where the red stamp is now being used.

The change appears to be a stamp vs sending the form back to you.  None of my forms have a red stamp and I complete the box with my name/city/state.
View Quote
Markings would go in "h", this is in the approval section at the bottom.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 6:14:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Markings would go in "h", this is in the approval section at the bottom.
View Quote
Oh thats right I wasn't paying attention. I assumed that was the additional-info box.

So OP did you put your name/city/state in the correct box ?
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 10:07:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Oh thats right I wasn't paying attention. I assumed that was the additional-info box.

So OP did you put your name/city/state in the correct box ?
View Quote
He say's right in the OP that he did...
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 12:12:40 AM EDT
[#10]
I’ve completed nearly a dozen Form 1’s over the past couple years and NEVER filled in box 4H, per the advice of an experienced 07 FFL / 02 SOT.  I’ve never had an issue up until my most recent stamp last month; the Form 1 was approved, but the examiner placed the same red stamp on it.  I just hope they’re not cracking down on on the 4H box, because I still have a Form 1 floating around out there with a blank 4H box.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 6:53:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top