Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2021 7:33:13 PM EDT
I have 2 .308 ishapore rifles with chincy mags. Got one to feed good but the other rifle ejects the mag every shot. Tried another mag from sarco same problem. I am not a enfield guy and am new to the system.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 8:12:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Does the rifle have the original mag?  They were fitted to the rifle. I've heard aftermarket mags are iffy at best.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 8:35:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one of those ishis too.  Same problem, one mag works, one doesn’t.   Mine was a dirt cheap gun, I just assumed it was a crap shoot.   I played with the crap mag for a while trying, but gave up.
I *think it has more to do with the depth of mag seating than the mag lips.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 8:47:52 PM EDT
[#3]
The sear spring is also connected to the mag release, if the spring is weak or not installed correctly the mag could fall out under recoil. Meaning the spring is not applying enough force to the mag release latch. I would start by dissembling the rifle and giving the rifle a good cleaning. Then check to see if everything is assembled correctly.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 9:51:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The sear spring is also connected to the mag release, if the spring is weak or not installed correctly the mag could fall out under recoil. Meaning the spring is not applying enough force to the mag release latch. I would start by dissembling the rifle and giving the rifle a good cleaning. Then check to see if everything is assembled correctly.
View Quote

Mine was purely a feeding issue.  Strange in a bolt gun, for me at least.

Reading is fundamental, I see where his was kicking the mag out.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 9:16:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the reply’s. I’m going to pull it apart and check the mag catch spring. Shitty mags on bolt guns is a new thing for me too.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 5:04:03 AM EDT
[#6]
If it’s like mine and doesn’t feed from one side, I’m betting the magazine has been dropped on the feed lip.  Mine looks like it took an impact to a hard surface and I haven’t tried to straighten it yet
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top