Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/30/2020 11:40:25 PM EDT
Ever since I seen the movie Assassins when I was younger I've had the urge to get one and have never pulled the trigger.  Now I'm kind of leaning towards a takedown internally suppressed 10-22 but I honestly know little about them and also don't know what other badass takedown guns there are even.  So feel free to make any suggestion and share pictures if you wish.  Thanks for your time and stay safe guys.
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 3:57:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Ruger PC carbine in 9mm or 40 S&W its threaded and reasonably priced.   There are quite a few take down rifles it depends on what you want to do with it. there are lever action take down rifle and have been for many years. I guessing you know that you can take down an AR by pulling both pins.  If you are looking for something in a tactical rifle I would call GA Precision and ask them.  If you plan to go suppressed you need to visit with a class 3 dealer.  I have no desire to ever have anything NFA again ever my last experience was unpleasant at best. Take down Win 1892
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 9:59:49 AM EDT
[#2]
I have two take down .22lrs... a Browning autoloader and a 10/22 Charger in a PMACA chassis that also has a 16" barrel....the Browning is a Grail Gun from my youth... the 10/22 was a proof of concept design for a light, compact, accurate, high volume of fire, that would not deafen or disorient if it had to be fired inside and auto.... the 16" barrel is used as a backup for my Steel Challenge BRN22 in a PMACA chassis... I don't readily change the barrel just to transport
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 1:15:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Wild West guns here in Anchorage still do make take down lever actions..They are very nice rifles from everything I have heard and seen...

Attachment Attached File

They make them in several cartridges, including 44 mag and 45-70....

https://www.wildwestguns.com/custom-guns/ak-co-pilot/
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 2:18:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I've got a couple Marlin 39 lever .22 take downs; a couple Remington Model 12-C .22 take downs; and of course, the AR-7 .22 take down of all take downs.  And in some circles, an AR-15 is probably considered a take down.

MHo, YMMV, etc. Be well.
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 2:36:11 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a 10/22 take down and love it. Bought the magpul stock for it. Now it lives in the truck with 2 mags in it, a 50 round box of ammo, ear plugs, knife and lighter. Add a paracord sling and it’s a nice little survival style rifle. The sights are mounted to the barrel so there’s not much change. Mostly shoot steel inside 25 yards so I’ve never noticed a drift. If I was trying to snipe stuff at 1k I’m not sure it’s worth it, but to have a rifle in a place a rifle shouldn’t go is fantastic.

I will eventually get a suppressed barrel but they are expensive and I already have a 22 can. Plus I don’t leave NFA unattended if I can help it
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 8:04:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Love me some takedowns!!!
10/22TD. Attachment Attached File

Win Model 12 & Rossi 357
Attachment Attached File

Those 2 get the most use. I have a few others as well.

Quoted:
Wild West guns here in Anchorage still do make take down lever actions..They are very nice rifles from everything I have heard and seen...

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/404934/Screen_Shot_2018-12-29_at_5_55_38_PM_jpe-1343507.JPG

They make them in several cartridges, including 44 mag and 45-70....

https://www.wildwestguns.com/custom-guns/ak-co-pilot/
View Quote

That is a grail gun for me. I'd want it in 30-30 thou. Also a threaded muzzle.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 8:30:02 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a Remington Model 24 takedown that is chambered in 22S. It’s awesome. You can get them dirt cheap and they are excellent little shooters. Mine cycles on CB Shorts...as quiet as a pellet gun, no can required.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 9:10:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Win 94-22 takes down as part of the design

Win 92 Trapper I have is one of the take-down versions

Have a couple of AR15 rifles in .22lr - another take-down design

had several others over the decades - Browning .22 Autos, Browning .22 Trombone, etc.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 11:08:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Ever since I seen the movie Assassins when I was younger I've had the urge to get one and have never pulled the trigger.  Now I'm kind of leaning towards a takedown internally suppressed 10-22 but I honestly know little about them and also don't know what other badass takedown guns there are even.  So feel free to make any suggestion and share pictures if you wish.  Thanks for your time and stay safe guys.
View Quote

There are a few good options for integral 10-22 takedown barrels now, but honestly-I'd get the factory Ruger integral. If money wasn't funny, I'd be doing just that.
Top Top