Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/10/2018 7:42:19 PM EDT
Another rig I picked up this week is this FN Browning Model 1922 7,65mm pistol....

The Belgians had been producing the M1922 for a good while by the time the war broke out. It was an improvement of the FN M1910 pistol....they had produced it for themselves, and many contracts including Yugoslavia, the Netherlands, etc.

When the Germans conquered Belgium, and took over the FN factory, they were in the closing stages of producing another Dutch contract pistol. The German quickly brought production back up, and were making M1922's for their use.

Initially they started using up the leftover Dutch contract parts, and the inspector assigned to the factory at the time used the E/613 stamp....so initial German production used the Dutch marked/proofed parts, with the addition of a single E/613 by the trigger guard...these are pretty rare, and very collectible variants...about 3,200 pistols produced.

Once they finished up the Dutch parts, they continued production, the next solid batch produced had 3 E/613 stamps, 2 on the slide, one on the frame...and German proofed barrels. This batch they only produced roughly 4 to 5,000 pistols before yet another change with a new inspector at the factory, so a new WaA stamp was used, and E/613 disappeared.

They switched to E/103 with about 32,000 produced, and finally to E/140 with about 320,000 produced.

This is one of the second variation E/613 pistols....all matching. Spare mag, and a near mint German produced soft shell break away holster.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 7:45:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Some more pics of it....plus some comparisons to a Dutch contract....note the deletion of the lanyard ring...

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 7:51:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Neat.   You see any German marked with wood checkered grip panels?

I shot a relative’s 1922 but it wouldn’t eject.   Not sure if it was anemic Remington fmj ammo or what.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 7:56:30 PM EDT
[#3]
The Dutch contract I bought from a friend of the family. His father captured it at the end of the war after over running a Luft airfield. he took it from a pilot. It was exactly as I bought it (well, he actually replaced the grips with plexiglass grips which was pretty typical, my Grandfather did the same to the Luger he brought back), but he saved the original grips thankfully.

He found it in the holster with all the capture papers and tags after his father died...and he didn't like guns, and asked my mom if I wanted to buy it, and I did, without hesitation!

He captured it in the Luft drop holster, which is actually marked for the Hungarian 37M pistol, but works just fine for this.

This actually made it into Ed Tinkers Bringbacks Vol. 3 book....

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 7:58:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Last few...The "W" over crown is the mark of Queen Wilhelmina...

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 8:01:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Neat.   You see any German marked with wood checkered grip panels?

I shot a relative’s 1922 but it wouldn’t eject.   Not sure if it was anemic Remington fmj ammo or what.
View Quote
Yep, those are the E/140 marked pistols, they are actually the most common. They had at least two of those where I scored the E/613, the PP, and actually I put a German manufactured Hi Power on lay away too!

I may go back and pick up an E/140 variant, and they also had a Yugo contract I may pick up...

They are liquidating a huge pistol collection of a deceased  collector, tons of amazing stuff, probably 15 P-38's, PP's, PPK's, Tok's, everything under the sun....
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 8:33:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Sad and exciting to see some of these collections come up for sale.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 9:07:18 PM EDT
[#7]
More pics of the holster (yours not the LW one)

Any Radom pistols being liquidated out?
The HP35 will be a nice addition, good that you set it aside.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 10:11:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Very cool find and a great background story to go with it.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 11:46:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
More pics of the holster (yours not the LW one)

Any Radom pistols being liquidated out?
The HP35 will be a nice addition, good that you set it aside.
View Quote
Well, the LW one is mine too....

But I will get some pics of it...

I believe there are some Radoms in the collection too, just too much to look at, most of them are zipped in cases in a couple of safes, probably at least 50 or more still...

The Hi-Power is really nice, had one at one time, have been wanting another....now I will!
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 11:53:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top