Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/25/2021 7:24:40 PM EDT
Bronco Subject Matter Expert (SME) Episode 1: ENVG-B & FWS-I

Link Posted: 4/25/2021 7:54:19 PM EDT
[#1]
The amount of times he says phosphorous instead of phosphor is annoying.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 8:49:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The amount of times he says phosphorous instead of phosphor is annoying.
View Quote

Don't question the "Subject Matter Expert" .

I don't think I can make it through a 30 plus minute video of that guy talking.  I'll try tomorrow though.

Also, when did they drop the flag patch lower on the right shoulder velcro?  Looks odd.  Was it to keep people from feeling left out for having a big blank space where a combat patch goes?
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 10:33:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I don't think I can make it through a 30 plus minute video of that guy talking.  I'll try tomorrow though.

Also, when did they drop the flag patch lower on the right shoulder velcro?  Looks odd.  Was it to keep people from feeling left out for having a big blank space where a combat patch goes?
View Quote

AFAIK they didn't, and I'm a current E-6 in the Army. Video is weird. His uniform top looks like the old style with shoulder pocket flaps and 2 pieces of velcro, so maybe he was confused when he put it on?

Also not sure that rolling your sleeve cuffs in is authorized stateside, I know it is up to commander's discretion overseas though.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 10:44:18 PM EDT
[#4]
How the hell is it 2021, and we don’t have any decent clip-on compasses or GPS receivers? The industry pumps out programmable tape switches, sticker wraps, and $2,700 laser beams that have parasitic drain, but can’t put out a fucking compass that isn’t absolute shit from 1997?

Pathetic.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 10:59:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
How the hell is it 2021, and we don’t have any decent clip-on compasses or GPS receivers? The industry pumps out programmable tape switches, sticker wraps, and $2,700 laser beams that have parasitic drain, but can’t put out a fucking compass that isn’t absolute shit from 1997?

Pathetic.
View Quote

I was under the impression that the ENVG-B would have ATAK integration into the HUD overlay?
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 11:02:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 11:04:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 3:01:48 AM EDT
[#8]
I guess these tubes can take the abuse.. since they are just running them on without daylight pinhole covers.
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 1:15:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Watch Howitzer Live fire through US Army's New Enhanced Night Vision Goggles (ENVG-B), May 6th, 2021
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 10:50:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

AFAIK they didn't, and I'm a current E-6 in the Army. Video is weird. His uniform top looks like the old style with shoulder pocket flaps and 2 pieces of velcro, so maybe he was confused when he put it on?

Also not sure that rolling your sleeve cuffs in is authorized stateside, I know it is up to commander's discretion overseas though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The flag should still be worn on the upper flap of the pocket. He's wearing the relatively new hot weather ACU which went back to the flap shoulder pockets. He's also part of 25th ID which was the test unit for the hot weather uniforms starting a few years ago; the prototype uniforms didn't include velcro on the upper flap for whatever reason. On the protoype uniforms guys had to wear the flag lower due to the missing velcro. It may be that his unit still wears the flag low on the newer IHWCU just for uniformity with the guys wearing the prototype blouses still.

Cuffing sleeves is authorized by AR 670-1 in field environments by commander discretion. While technically not authorized in a garrison environment, only the most curmudgeonly 1SGs and SGMs make an issue of it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top