Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2020 7:01:36 PM EDT
Looking for a fixed blade to carry on my belt with its primary purpose is for self defense.

Any ideas or reviews is appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 7:16:53 PM EDT
[#1]
glock field knife
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 7:31:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Esse izula
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 8:12:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 9:54:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Schrade Old Timer
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 12:03:05 AM EDT
[#5]
I use an ESEE3 or 4 IWB blade facing forward at either 3 or 9 o'clock position.
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 4:34:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Tops C.U.T. 4.0, esee 3 or 4
Link Posted: 9/11/2020 9:30:05 AM EDT
[#7]
For defense, Clinch Pick, one of th Ka-Bar TDI series, a karambit, CRKT S.P.E.W. or Obake , Cold Steel Ready Edge or Spike, etc.  I carry an ESSEE Izula occasionally but I've been looking at other options lately and all of these, including the inexpensive ones, seem to have dedicated followings, especially the Clinch Pick.
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 3:57:51 PM EDT
[#8]
colonel blade or push knife is what I'd choose if it were primarily for self defense. ETA video.

The Colonel Blade - Al Salvitti and His Vision...
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 7:15:28 PM EDT
[#9]
My first choice and the one I carry the most is the Colonel Blades Full Bird.  The shiv works push dagger is a great option.  The Clinch Pick is good too, just have to keep in mind that it has a top cutting edge rather than bottom.

Link Posted: 9/14/2020 7:59:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Tops C.U.T. 4.0, esee 3 or 4
View Quote

You cost me money with the Tops CUT 4.0 suggestion. Knife very similar to what a Leo buddy is having made custom.
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 11:04:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The Clinch Pick is good too, just have to keep in mind that it has a top cutting edge rather than bottom.
View Quote
Um, no....no it is not. If you are holding it in its primary grip is cutting edge is down and towards the wielder. Think reverse knife grip edge in.
Link Posted: 9/15/2020 3:27:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Um, no....no it is not. If you are holding it in its primary grip is cutting edge is down and towards the wielder. Think reverse knife grip edge in.
View Quote

Yeah, I stand corrected.  However, the way I've always gripped the handle, the sharp side is up, whether its right or wrong is another story.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top