Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/28/2018 8:24:17 PM EDT
Anyone gotten a Form 1 efiled though Silencer Shop?  Was wondering how the communications and approval notifications work.    Do all of the notifications go through SS and then they forward them to you?  All I have is my order status on my SS order page showing it was submitted electronically on 11/18.  No further status updates, or seemingly any way to go online and check status with the ATF other than the old phone call using the information on the copy of the F1 they filled out for me.  TIA.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 8:30:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Anyone gotten a Form 1 efiled though Silencer Shop?  Was wondering how the communications and approval notifications work.    Do all of the notifications go through SS and then they forward them to you?  All I have is my order status on my SS order page showing it was submitted electronically on 11/18.  No further status updates, or seemingly any way to go online and check status with the ATF other than the old phone call using the information on the copy of the F1 they filled out for me.  TIA.
View Quote

Once the form has left Silencer Shops hands notification is exactly the same as any other Form 1 or 4...……..meaning only ATF knows the status.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 10:10:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Once the form has left Silencer Shops hands notification is exactly the same as any other Form 1 or 4...……..meaning only ATF knows the status.
View Quote
Thanks, but how do the approvals work?  Are they through email with an attached approved Form, or do they still send a paper copy with the physical stamp?  If its email, I’m not sure where the emails come to.  Anyone gone through the process to approval via SS?
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 10:44:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Thanks, but how do the approvals work?  Are they through email with an attached approved Form, or do they still send a paper copy with the physical stamp?  If its email, I’m not sure where the emails come to.  Anyone gone through the process to approval via SS?
View Quote
Efiled Form 1's will be a .pdf of a stamp emailed to you.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 12:42:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Efiled Form 1's will be a .pdf of a stamp emailed to you.
View Quote
So, SS input my email on the e-form so it comes to me, and not back to them, correct?
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 12:50:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

So, SS input my email on the e-form so it comes to me, and not back to them, correct?
View Quote
Spoke to a guy about mine there yesterday and asked this questions, yes it will come to your email address.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 4:49:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Im new to this game but on box 3f they did not use my email address they used a suppressionsession.com email address. Is that correct or should it have been my email?EDIT:::; looked at their industry forum email goes through them and is routed back to you.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 9:08:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 10:59:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Heard big issues and all form1s filed by SS are being kicked back. Topic over at redit.
https://www.reddit.com/r/NFA/comments/a1n0ir/atf_missing_prints_after_using_silencershops_form/?utm_source=reddit-android
Form 1s show out of stock on their website also.
View Quote
Not good. Guess I should call and make sure my prints were received.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 9:03:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Do the fingerprint cards work a different way when using efile vs. paper, because SS has been sending in fingerprint cards for paper F1s and F4s for years and never had a problem.  Not sure the real issue is with fingerprints.  More concerning is the comment that they are getting rejected because SS is submitting on behalf of someone else.  I wonder if that has something to do with the fact that they use their email instead of the customers email, so the email with the approved tax stamp comes to SS first before going on to the individual.

Hope this gets resolved quickly.  Either ATF accepts them, or SS issues refunds and provides instructions on exactly what’s needed to re-efile ourselves, and not just leave everyone in limbo while they go round and round fighting this out.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 9:08:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Do the fingerprint cards work a different way when using efile vs. paper, because SS has been sending in fingerprint cards for paper F1s and F4s for years and never had a problem.  Not sure the real issue is with fingerprints.  More concerning is the comment that they are getting rejected because SS is submitting on behalf of someone else.  I wonder if that has something to do with the fact that they use their email instead of the customers email, so the email with the approved tax stamp comes to SS first before going on to the individual.

Hope this gets resolved quickly.  Either ATF accepts them, or SS issues refunds and provides instructions on exactly what’s needed to re-efile ourselves, and not just leave everyone in limbo while they go round and round fighting this out.
View Quote
Agree. I may be wrong but they should have put customer emails on the form. They state in their industry forum that its done so if any problems happen they will be notified directly and can be rectified. We will see.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 9:49:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Is form one out of stock?
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 9:52:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Is form one out of stock?
View Quote
Looks like they pulled it until they get their issues figured out. Hard telling how many thousands of submissions are getting kicked back. Silencer shop broke the ATF.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 11:32:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Agree. I may be wrong but they should have put customer emails on the form. They state in their industry forum that its done so if any problems happen they will be notified directly and can be rectified. We will see.
View Quote
If that’s it, hopefully it’s just a simple fix with them resubmitting with individual emails on the forms.

Unfortunately, it’s the weekend, so it will just be a lot of speculation until Monday, but SS probably needs to come out with some kind of statement real soon if they are all getting rejected.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 11:45:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 12:20:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The ATF has never allowed Form 1's to be submitted from a different account than the owner's personal eForms account.  They have rejected those since long before 41F.
View Quote
So how does silencer shop pull this off ? Serious question. Are they going to need to create accounts for each e-file form 1 service they sell ?
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 12:21:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 12:24:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

It appears they don't.
View Quote
Sure seems to be headed that way. Any forms or releases they could use to e-file on someones behalf ?
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 1:01:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Something changed today.  I've got more than one in the queue.   Until today they all showed

Form 1: Submitted Electronically on 11/20/2018 (Pending Research)

w/ different dates.

Today the first one shows

Form 1: Submitted Electronically on 11/20/2018

I don't know if that's a good sign or a bad sign.   The Pending Research is gone.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 1:02:03 PM EDT
[#19]
If those who filed through SS were to refill through their own individual accounts, any way to reuse the $200 payment, fingerprint cards, photo, and trust paperwork that already went in the the SS application, or would everyone have to restart from scratch?
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 1:07:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Something changed today.  I've got more than one in the queue.   Until today they all showed

Form 1: Submitted Electronically on 11/20/2018 (Pending Research)

w/ different dates.

Today the first one shows

Form 1: Submitted Electronically on 11/20/2018

I don't know if that's a good sign or a bad sign.   The Pending Research is gone.
View Quote
Mine as follows Form 1 e-filed 11/26 fingerprints mailed. Thats it.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 2:40:10 PM EDT
[#21]
I have no idea, I called yesterday and was on hold for 1 hour before I decided to email them and ask that they don't submit my paperwork. (It's in the signature complete stage) So we'll see what happens
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 9:15:21 PM EDT
[#22]
I’ve been screwing around with Silencer Shop for over a month on a Form 1.  First they never let me know that it wasn’t being submitted due to a question on the firearm I’m SBRing.  After multiple attempts to get an answer we had to redo and resign everything.  Then it just stuck at signatures completed.

Spoke with Compliance and they said that it’s now in the department that’s supposed to submit them but have no idea when they’ll actually be transmitted.

Now this....  Did no one there actually bother to call the ATF BEFORE implementing this?  This is beyond ridiculous.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 9:23:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Between this thread and the reddit thread I’m sure their CS is going to be swamped. Which means it’s going to take longer to get answers
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 10:41:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I’ve been screwing around with Silencer Shop for over a month on a Form 1.  First they never let me know that it wasn’t being submitted due to a question on the firearm I’m SBRing.  After multiple attempts to get an answer we had to redo and resign everything.  Then it just stuck at signatures completed.

Spoke with Compliance and they said that it’s now in the department that’s supposed to submit them but have no idea when they’ll actually be transmitted.

Now this....  Did no one there actually bother to call the ATF BEFORE implementing this?  This is beyond ridiculous.
View Quote
When I talked to them last week about an error on mine I asked them about how many they are submitting a day, the employee answered me and I’m paraphrasing “they are talking to the ATF and varying how many they send in each day by how many the ATF is getting from other sources but that their submissions account for over 50% of the daily load” i don’t know how true that is though, just what I was told
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 11:58:02 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Between this thread and the reddit thread I’m sure their CS is going to be swamped. Which means it’s going to take longer to get answers
View Quote
I called to get see if there was any hold up on mine and the guy said everything is submitted and waiting on the ATF.   He said that stamps have ran through and he wasn’t aware of any issue.

My fingerprints were submitted 11-18

ETA just found the reddit thread. This could get interesting....
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 1:05:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I called to get see if there was any hold up on mine and the guy said everything is submitted and waiting on the ATF.   He said that stamps have ran through and he wasn’t aware of any issue.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is good news.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 1:11:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
That is good news.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is good news.
Just called for status VIA the ATF number.

Form Recieved and Pending
Fingerprints not received....

SS shop shows them to be sent 11-18  
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 1:17:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 2:01:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I did my first business with SS in 3/18 and 4/18. A form 1 and form4 respectfully. Got my form1 back in 4 months and still waiting on the form 4.
From other SS postings they stated they were working with the ATF for some time testing and making sure everything was G2G before opening it up.
Not sure what was missed.
View Quote
It wouldn't be the first time that ATF has moved the goalpost.

For several years ATF was perfectly happy to let a Powered By Dealer authorize Silencer Shop to submit Form 4's on the dealers behalf. And then this summer ATF said that wasn't allowed any longer. Now the PBD gets a DocuSign for his Form 4's.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 2:51:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I did my first business with SS in 3/18 and 4/18. A form 1 and form4 respectfully. Got my form1 back in 4 months and still waiting on the form 4.
From other SS postings they stated they were working with the ATF for some time testing and making sure everything was G2G before opening it up.
View Quote
Maybe they were working on the technical aspects of how the electronic data transfers with their and the ATF’s IT department, and no one thought to ask whether the ATF would actually accept them.  On one hand, it shouldn’t be different than SS filling out and sending the paper Form 1s for people like they’ve done for years with no issue.  But on the other hand, with the paper form, the approval and stamp was sent to the person/trust listed on the form, regardless of actually who mailed in the paperwork.  Now, they apparently email the approval/stamp to the registered account that was used for the efile, which is SS’s account, not the actual maker’s account.  If there is a hangup, it might be there.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 3:04:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Maybe they were working on the technical aspects of how the electronic data transfers with their and the ATF's IT department, and no one thought to ask whether the ATF would actually accept them.  On one hand, it shouldn't be different than SS filling out and sending the paper Form 1s for people like they've done for years with no issue.  But on the other hand, with the paper form, the approval and stamp was sent to the person/trust listed on the form, regardless of actually who mailed in the paperwork.  Now, they apparently email the approval/stamp to the registered account that was used for the efile, which is SS's account, not the actual maker's account.  If there is a hangup, it might be there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Maybe they were working on the technical aspects of how the electronic data transfers with their and the ATF's IT department, and no one thought to ask whether the ATF would actually accept them.  On one hand, it shouldn't be different than SS filling out and sending the paper Form 1s for people like they've done for years with no issue.  But on the other hand, with the paper form, the approval and stamp was sent to the person/trust listed on the form, regardless of actually who mailed in the paperwork.  Now, they apparently email the approval/stamp to the registered account that was used for the efile, which is SS's account, not the actual maker's account.  If there is a hangup, it might be there.
It would be nice if we could get an answer though.  Even something like that would be nice.  I think it's been just over a week now when I asked about what we should see for status and was told they'd check on Monday.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 3:52:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Just called for status VIA the ATF number.

Form Recieved and Pending
Fingerprints not received....

SS shop shows them to be sent 11-18  
View Quote
I called them today too (same submission date), I was told it's been submitted and they're likely just waiting to be paired and they probably have them.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 6:23:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Well I called Silencer Shop and cancelled my Form1 order that’s been stuck in limbo for a month.  I refilled everything this morning myself using the ATF website.  I just need to do my prints and mail them tomorrow.

At this point I’m willing to take the $205 loss rather than risk to the political environmental changes in January.

Would be nice if SilencerShop would actually communicate with their customers so we know what’s going on with our stuff.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 1:18:51 PM EDT
[#34]
I spoke to Silencershop this morning to order prints and at the end of my conversation I asked what was up with the form 1 service. Basically the guy (different guy than yesterday) said that all the form 1’s submitted are in limbo until the ATF and SS figureit out.

He gave me the option to cancel my order for a refund or leave it in place till they finger out the issue.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 2:31:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I spoke to Silencershop this morning to order prints and at the end of my conversation I asked what was up with the form 1 service. Basically the guy (different guy than yesterday) said that all the form 1’s submitted are in limbo until the ATF and SS figureit out.

He gave me the option to cancel my order for a refund or leave it in place till they finger out the issue.
View Quote
Would be nice if they told everyone that 1) there IS an issue, and 2) what the issue is.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 3:14:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Would be nice if they told everyone that 1) there IS an issue, and 2) what the issue is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I spoke to Silencershop this morning to order prints and at the end of my conversation I asked what was up with the form 1 service. Basically the guy (different guy than yesterday) said that all the form 1's submitted are in limbo until the ATF and SS figureit out.

That's my issue right now.   I asked over a week ago about status messages to expect on a EForm1, got a "I'll ask on Monday" response and now nothing.   The lack of any answer is more frustrating than the problem.   If we know what is going on it's easier to deal with.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 4:06:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Just called the NFA branch. Pending is all they would tell me. Asked if I used a kiosk. Told them yes. They said I needed to talk to silencershop. When I questioned that. They said again you need to talk to silencershop.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 4:19:48 PM EDT
[#38]
all silencershop efile form1s are going to be denied.  timeline on that is who knows.  timeline on the problem being fixed so it can be resubmitted is who knows.  Calling Silencer Shop today did nothing except tick me off further.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 4:21:52 PM EDT
[#39]
They called and told me I'd get $75 store credit and a swag bag for all this shit.

Good thing I already have another AR SBR or it'd really piss me off.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 4:30:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
They called and told me I'd get $75 store credit and a swag bag for all this shit.

Good thing I already have another AR SBR or it'd really piss me off.
View Quote
I had seen them post that on their FB, I had heard people say it, I was offered nothing, except "they are going to be denied, then we will refile, after we figure out what it's going to take for the ATF to accept them"
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 4:33:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I had seen them post that on their FB, I had heard people say it, I was offered nothing, except "they are going to be denied, then we will refile, after we figure out what it's going to take for the ATF to accept them"
View Quote
Well that doesn't make any sense.  Sorry JP, I hope they come through
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 4:36:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
Havent heard a peep. Dont care about their $75 or swag bag. Get this resolved. Thats where I stand. Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 4:40:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
I've had mixed dealings with CS at Silencer Shop.  Seems one day I get somebody that wants to be as short as possible, the next I get someone that's actually helpful.  Well, one time I got someone that was actually helpful.  I swear though, through all of my stamps, I've never had any issues until I decided to try the "convenient" way.  Never again.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 5:05:26 PM EDT
[#44]
anyone raise issues with form 4s submitted through them as well? i have a tax stamp check cashed on 12/4 and its my first time dealing with an NFA item hopefully the fingerprints arent an issue there as well.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 5:35:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
anyone raise issues with form 4s submitted through them as well? i have a tax stamp check cashed on 12/4 and its my first time dealing with an NFA item hopefully the fingerprints arent an issue there as well.
View Quote
Should be ok. The biggest issue with them and form4s is that they tend to sit on them a while before sending in
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 10:13:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I've had mixed dealings with CS at Silencer Shop.  Seems one day I get somebody that wants to be as short as possible, the next I get someone that's actually helpful.  Well, one time I got someone that was actually helpful.  I swear though, through all of my stamps, I've never had any issues until I decided to try the "convenient" way.  Never again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is my dealing with SS.  I have 3 phone calls with 3 different answers including an email with a different answer.  Hell at this point if anyones gonna fuck up my F1 its gonna be me!  

Which I just did BTW.  Got it all submitted and for some reason all the answers that need to be checked no have no check at all.  I guess I will call tomorrow to figure that one out.  The only thing I can figure is the form crashed while I was on the last page and I didn't bother to look back through to make sure everything was ok prior to hitting submit.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:02:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Mine was digitally signed on 10/28 and I haven't heard a peep.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 1:06:00 AM EDT
[#48]
I bought the unlimited Easy Trust service.

Say I wanted to Form 1 a pistol, will Silencer Shop let you use the trust service then let you submit it yourself via E-Forms?
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 1:46:14 AM EDT
[#49]
As simple as the eform is on the .gov site, why would you bother with SS?

I've used SS for suppressor and SBR stamps, so I'm aware how that process works.  I submitted for a SBR on the .gov site on 11-13, stamp in my email on 11-27.  Submitted for suppressor on 11-28...
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 1:50:56 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
As simple as the eform is on the .gov site, why would you bother with SS?
View Quote
Single shot trust like the poster just above you said, and an easy way of providing fingerprints...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top