Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2020 10:43:09 AM EDT
Hi all,

First time visitor to the DIY silencer subforum.

Please be gentle.

I was trying to plan ahead for when I move over to Missouri, so I bought a few of these SilencerCo ASR flash hiders.

https://www.brownells.com/aspx/search/productdetail.aspx?sid=181923&pid=96069

Once in Missouri, if I were to Form 1 my own can, does anybody  make an adapter to go from those external flash hider threads to say a D cell mag lite?

Or are there better options for a DIY tube?

Or would I be better of with a different maker/style of flash hider?
Sorry for my newbie questions.  I did try googling first and scanned the two pages in this subforum.

Thanks in advance!

Link Posted: 4/18/2020 10:51:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Several of the solvent trap manufacturers have tubes that will adapt to the ASR Bravohttps://silencerco.com/asr-mount.html
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 10:53:32 AM EDT
[#2]
You would build your F1 to be Omega/Bravo mount compatible and install the SiCo ASR Bravo adapter (P/N: AC824).

There are a few tube/trap options for that, depending on what your end goal is.
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 12:15:12 PM EDT
[#3]
You want an “ASR” threaded tube on the mount end (that takes a make 1.375” x 24tpi mount, Silencerco Bravo ASR mount for those FH).

Diversified Machine, Maverick Precision, and Super Precision Products carry such tubes. Buy a 1.5” x 7.5” to 8” long tube now for about $100.  Get the undrilled front cap at the same time for about $80.  Supplies are volatile.  Keep you eye out for deals on the Bravo ASR mount and cups/cones to fit your tube. Cups/cones are the hardest part to find in stock these days.

Or sell those FH on the EE and buy whatever is available when you are finally ready.
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 10:04:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank you all for the replies.

They have been really helpful!

Link Posted: 5/3/2020 10:31:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Depending on wgere you move to MO and when PM/email me. Im in central MO and have some stuff I could show you.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 4:37:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Get an ASR/Omega thread pattern tube and couple it with an asr bravo mount.  If you already have a D cell tube, you’d need something like a muted machine works plan D adapter to use the bravo module.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top