Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/16/2019 4:28:42 PM EDT
Got the parts, now its time for paint. Any ideas on what the most batman-esk paint job would be? I was thinking of maybe doing a battle worn finish? Interested to hear what everyone thinks.

Link Posted: 1/16/2019 3:52:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 4:53:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for moving the thread. I'm a bit new here and still learning the ropes.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 6:33:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Maybe some carbon fiber style tape details like his armor had in the later Bale movies to offset the black.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 7:52:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 8:15:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Did the handguard come from Unique?  Looks like the same barrel nut design that's on my wife's purple recce...
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 10:34:52 PM EDT
[#6]
It is a unique handguard
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 11:15:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 11:14:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Go for a retro look.  Less "dark knight" and more Adam west.  Make it a fun gun.  Go for shlock factor.

If you're not going that heavy into the lulz, you can go to batman 1989 levels of flair.

Some blue, some black, and definitely some yellow.  What I would lean towards if you're considering a "battleworn" finish is to do your primer, the shade of blue you want, a matte or satin black, and your yellow accenting (any small steel or polymer bit).  Let it cure and mess around with it at the range or a course for a few hours. Once you have achieved the desired level of wear, hit it with some clear coat.

At least that is how I would go about it.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 11:28:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the replies! The more I think about it, the more I want to go retro. Maybe not quite Adam West retro but certainly the batman I grew up with- Michael Keaton. I might just throw in a little lego batman for kicks, though it might get dicey putting an nine pack on an AR.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 10:47:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Put some George Clooney nips on the magwell.
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 9:16:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Try buying a yellow paint marker from the hardware store and painting the recessed parts of the bats on the handguard yellow. If it sucks, hose the yellow paint off with brake cleaner. You can try similar treatment on the engraved portions of the lower receiver. Once again, if you don't like it, hose it off. If you do like it, it's time to brush up your masking skills, there are a lot of bats on that handguard. Then make it permanent.
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 11:37:19 AM EDT
[#12]
I was thinking about that as well. There has got to be an easier way then to mask off those areas in tape. I wonder if anyone has ever sprayed the hand guard in a base color, in this case yellow. Then, sprayed it in one of those removable paints like peel coat let it dry, then sand down the outer area and spray black.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top