Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/24/2020 12:35:09 AM EDT
A few years back, like 10 now, I purchased a monocular from a gentlemen that made gen II and gen III monoculars. The gen IIs were MX-9644 tubes and used PVS14 lenses. The thing is very light and his gen III version is lighter. I dont think he makes them anymore. A brief search of Ebay I am finding MX-9644 tubes everywhere and cheap. Is there anyone that makes something similar to a BNVD or even just regular duel tube system that takes the larger tubes?
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 1:28:02 AM EDT
[#1]
I couldn't imagine any monocular that held a MX-9644 as being light weight. IIRC there was a guy making a monocular housing for a MX-9916 that came out of a PVS5, but to answer your question there is no one that I know of making a BNVD or updated bino housing for either the 9644 or 9916 tubes. Maybe if we can get enough interest up we can ask ModArmory to make a light weight D-14 bridge for dual PVS4s.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 1:42:02 AM EDT
[#2]
My bad. After looking at it further it looks like it takes MX10130 tubes and not MX9644. There goes my hopes of a cheap bino build. At that point I would be better to buy the Gen3 model of the same mono and put it on a PVS14 bridge. The thing is certainly ligher than the single and duel battery PVS14s I have been issued. The trick would be getting them from the man since I think he is out of the game.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 7:09:35 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a pretty cool housing that I bought off the EE here, it may be one you are describing. I think it was made by "sight owl" and is basically a one piece pvs-14 housing rather than two piece. It also takes an anvis objective lense. It is very lightweight but it takes 2 AA batteries rather than one AA or cr123, which would be preferable and lighten it up even more. I will try to post some pictures tonight

I havent been using it as i took the anvis lense off of it to use on the goggles i bought. So unless i find a great deal on an anvis objective or two, the dang thing is sitting in my parts box almost finished.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 11:59:14 AM EDT
[#4]
@KogaShuko In that case you're probably referring to the AB night vision pitbull housing. They stopped production a few years back IIRC to concentrate on the RNVG binos. A option may be a Mod-3B single monocular that can be part of a bridge system or search the EE or Ebay for a ENVIS M703E housing, but IMHO you'd be better off, just using a pvs14 housing and glass.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 3:54:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Jeff Melochick on FB is producing such a BNVD housing using these Intensifiers. Unfortunately with his high demand they are all booked out at the present time. Head on over to Night Vision Users 2.0 on FB for a sneak peak as well to the upcoming rival to the DTNVG.

Quoted:
I couldn't imagine any monocular that held a MX-9644 as being light weight. IIRC there was a guy making a monocular housing for a MX-9916 that came out of a PVS5, but to answer your question there is no one that I know of making a BNVD or updated bino housing for either the 9644 or 9916 tubes. Maybe if we can get enough interest up we can ask ModArmory to make a light weight D-14 bridge for dual PVS4s.
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top