Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/3/2021 4:06:44 PM EDT
Are drag handles worth it on a PC? For instance, the JPC 1.0 does not have a handle whereas the JPC 2.0 does. Do people actually use these or do they grab the shoulder straps, persons arms, whatever instead?
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 4:39:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Make a DARC strap instead.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 6:37:17 PM EDT
[#2]
They're useful, but not so much that it would influence my "yea or nay" decision to purchase.

If I reach down to drag you, and don't find a handle immediately, I'm grabbing your shoulder strap.  Usually easier to find anyway.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 9:47:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They're useful, but not so much that it would influence my "yea or nay" decision to purchase.

If I reach down to drag you, and don't find a handle immediately, I'm grabbing your shoulder strap.  Usually easier to find anyway.
View Quote

Spoken like a man who's been in that situation before.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 10:55:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Spoken like a man who's been in that situation before.
View Quote

Kay, this was what I figured the case to be. I was mulling which JPC to get and this was one of the few variations between the two.

Thanks for the info
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 10:58:43 PM EDT
[#5]
For anyone reading, beware of any stress induced on plastic buckles, especially front facing ones (when pulling on shoulder straps) THEY WILL BREAK
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 1:10:30 AM EDT
[#6]
They’re a good idea but really not a necessary one. if I’m dragging you bc you got shot I’m probably just gonna grab the shoulder straps bc they’re gonna be accessible from any angle and will be a much bigger handle, or scoop up under your armsand get you in a bro hug.

If the shits so fucking dangerous that you need a drag line, we’re gonna finish the fight before moving to you anyway, or suppress the enemy hard enough to grab you and then break contact. That’s just one of those hard truths.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 3:35:44 PM EDT
[#7]
UF Pro Gear's Youtube channel has a good video series on M.A.R.C.H. and they discuss in one of the videos basically movement of wounded when under fire.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 1:12:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
For anyone reading, beware of any stress induced on plastic buckles, especially front facing ones (when pulling on shoulder straps) THEY WILL BREAK
View Quote

Big facts. A sewn handle or nylon handle weaved through your carrier and hooked to your belt is going to be way less prone to breaking.

All that being said if you are dragging them for any amount of distance you probably have other priorities to address first.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 5:37:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Do you have anyone of size able/willing to drag you?

My primary reason for a PC is home defense, maybe social unrest, and probably based around bugging in. Wife probably isnt strong enough to pull me around regardless of if I have a handle or not.

As other have mentioned a shoulder strap works to.

Dont think it matters either way.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 5:54:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Do you have anybody to drag you?

Edit-just saw above post
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 3:45:41 AM EDT
[#11]
As mentioned above, rig a DARC strap with 1/2 in tubular webbing.  Finish it with a fishermans or grapevine knot then velcro or ranger band it  where a short drag strap would sit.  The added length and narrowed angle will make it much easier for a smaller person to drag your ass.  
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 4:01:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Do you have anyone of size able/willing to drag you?

My primary reason for a PC is home defense, maybe social unrest, and probably based around bugging in. Wife probably isnt strong enough to pull me around regardless of if I have a handle or not.

As other have mentioned a shoulder strap works to.

Dont think it matters either way.
View Quote

If you get shot in HD, ain’t nobody dragging you except the Paramedic.

When I talk about dragging, I’m talking about some other burly dudes who are going to finish the fight and then render aid.

In your case I’d say that bullets are the best medicine:
1. Wife should be able to shoot
2. You’re gonna have to get the cops there eventually so why not sooner rather than later.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top