Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/13/2024 1:25:08 PM EDT
I don't have the videos from my buddy yet, but we shot a 4-stage night match this past Saturday. I documented the issues with the NGALike being too powerful for the tiny rifle plates already, but there was another issue myself and a friend experienced on one stage.

The setup was 25 pistol steel at ~10yds away with the shooter seated in the passenger side back seat of a small 4 door car. The shooter was turned 90deg with the shooter's feet in the footwell of the car or on the lower door jamb with the door open. You couldn't put your feet outside of the car and shoot. This caused me (with RNVGs) and my buddy (with a PVS-14) way more trouble than it should have, with me leaving well over half of the steel unhit by the time I expended a 33rd Glock mag and deciding to move on due to the 90sec par times that night.

When going through the walk through I noticed I had to really crouch down/lean back in order to not smack my helmet on the ceiling or door frame. There were no issues with either of us shooting pistol in the other three stages, when it was done standing upright, presumably with our helmets/NVGs in a more level position.

I tried it again after the match was done, so I was off the clock and really focusing on the dot, and I still had to aim 6" over the target to get hits. I'm wondering if having the NVGs tilted down a bit would have caused some sort of shift in our RDS shooting.
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 1:40:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 1:48:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TNVC_Training:
Aside from a very small amount of parallax (we're looking through a set of lenses and layers of glass after all), we haven't seen a large POA/POI impact shift looking through goggles, tilted/off center or otherwise.  The analog nature of tubes work just like your mark 1 eyeball, see the dot, target focus, settle, press trigger.  Hope that helps.
View Quote

Thanks. Figured I was just mashing the trigger on that stage, since I shot the one prior without issue and these plates were closer. When my buddy, a better pistol shooter than me, also dicked the dog, I started to wonder if the position-induced tilt in our NVGs could impact the RDS POI/POA.

I need to get back out and see if I can recreate the issue (think I can sit down and lean back with my helmet tipped down a bit) and/or confirm it was just me fucking up the trigger press
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 3:13:54 PM EDT
[#3]
That was going to be my recommendation.    Go back our and see if you can replicate your head and gun angle while seated.   As humans, we have our best and "cleanest" vision when looking out and straight ahead.   Once we start to look any way other than directly ahead our eyes can start to reduce how well we are processing an image.
Top Top