Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/29/2024 2:03:30 PM EDT
A friend got a PTZ thermal camera off ebay a while back and said it stopped working. He sent it to me and found the analog video out connection was bad. It works fine now. I can see an image if I plug it into one of the small vehicle backup camera analog displays. The PC board has a date code that appears to be 2008. I am trying to find a model number but not really seeing much to go on. Is it even worth trying or do they do the Harris thing and keep everything secret as much as possible? He said it uses Pelco D PTZ commands. The image is set upside down right now as it must have been mounted hanging from something. I would like to invert it if possible.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 7:55:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 6:44:30 AM EDT
[#2]
If you're a registered buyer and have provided them with a device serial number and registered on their platform you may be able to get access to various things - device dependant.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 7:31:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Tagged
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 5:42:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TNVC_Will:

They can be hit or miss depending on the CS person as well as larger entities have a way of losing tribal knowledge (like finding old manuals etc) as folks are cycled in/out.

I would shoot them an email with as much info as you can give on the item in question. They're a big company so give it a couple days or so and then follow up with a call.

We can't help you unfortunately as the folks we deal with are within a different compartment of the company.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TNVC_Will:
Originally Posted By mancow:
A friend got a PTZ thermal camera off ebay a while back and said it stopped working. He sent it to me and found the analog video out connection was bad. It works fine now. I can see an image if I plug it into one of the small vehicle backup camera analog displays. The PC board has a date code that appears to be 2008. I am trying to find a model number but not really seeing much to go on. Is it even worth trying or do they do the Harris thing and keep everything secret as much as possible? He said it uses Pelco D PTZ commands. The image is set upside down right now as it must have been mounted hanging from something. I would like to invert it if possible.

They can be hit or miss depending on the CS person as well as larger entities have a way of losing tribal knowledge (like finding old manuals etc) as folks are cycled in/out.

I would shoot them an email with as much info as you can give on the item in question. They're a big company so give it a couple days or so and then follow up with a call.

We can't help you unfortunately as the folks we deal with are within a different compartment of the company.

Thanks. What I'm dealing with is a PTZ dome that works and outputs video but I can't seem to control it using Pelco D commands which I thought they used. There is not model number on it. It only says 5803-PWPC--EMC on the main board and has a 2008 date code. I've been trying to use some free PTZ programs to talk to it via a USB to TTL converter connected to a TTL to RS485 converter.
Top Top