Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2018 9:02:07 PM EDT
LONG STORY SHORT... are Mac10/45 prices going anywhere fast or should I sell?

I take my M10/45 out occasionally and its fun but honestly I am holding it assuming it will jump a little in price, but I will get more gains in literally any market I invest in (sure we will pull back, but generally speaking, markets will get me more gains).

I haven't done my research recently, but I feel like all MAC focus and "want" lists are for the M11 for obvious upgrade reasons. Do you think the M11 is going to have the M10 on the back burner for a while minus regular MG price inflation?
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 9:06:21 PM EDT
[#1]
The m10 will always lag behidn the m11. Lage did mention they will eventually get around to the 15 conversion for the 10s....might be a few years out.
Im honestly hoping that these efforts will eventually lead to an approved belt fed upper.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 9:14:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The m10 will always lag behidn the m11. Lage did mention they will eventually get around to the 15 conversion for the 10s....might be a few years out.
Im honestly hoping that these efforts will eventually lead to an approved belt fed upper.
View Quote
Ya.. they were the same price when I bought I just thought .45 would be cooler. Its a damn beast but now days M11 is king by a long shot
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 10:16:48 AM EDT
[#3]
They’ll likely continue to rise, although maybe not has quickly as M11/9s. But I wouldn’t sell a MG in this market unless it was to fund another one.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 2:49:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They’ll likely continue to rise, although maybe not has quickly as M11/9s. But I wouldn’t sell a MG in this market unless it was to fund another one.
View Quote
Agreed. The M11 will increase faster due to aftermarket support for it.

Unless you really need the cash for something I would hold on to it. It will likely go up as fast as the stock market. Plus with 6mo + wait time and tax stamps just let it ride. if you ever decide to upgrade you can always sell it but if you sell it now you will likely spend the money on something else. I personally don't plan to sell mine, will just pass them on to my kids.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 3:25:11 PM EDT
[#5]
I recently bought a M11. The reason I went with it was all of the after market support and I wanted a shooter. Now that I am starting to look for a second MG the M10 appeals to me more than a second M11.

The M10 to me has more room to grow than the current M11 market. Once Lage starts really selling the Max-11/15s the demand for a M10 /15 will follow.  Of course that will make the prices for the M10 grow as well. I think we will see an average M11 price of 10K in the next 5-7 years. While the M10 price will still be in the 7-8K range.

And I hope that lage in the next 10-15 years does develop a belt feed upper for the M11. To me that is the next logical step. They make a 22LR, 9mm K & drum variants and now a mag fed rifle. A 223 belt feed upper, a 308 upper and a 50bmg just all make sense as the next level of coolness.

What I dont understand is why no one else is getting in the Mac upper game. You have lage and practical solutions and that is it. I wish Thompson Machine wold give the M11/180 another try.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top