Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/31/2019 9:34:09 AM EDT
I Efiled a Form 1 SBR - Received approval on 05/19/2019

I have not received a physical copy of the Form 1 with a tax stamp, only an electronic copy. Will I receive a physical copy - or am I only going to get the PDF version?

First time I hace done this.

~Thanks
Link Posted: 5/31/2019 9:37:27 AM EDT
[#1]
They email a pdf of the approved stamp only, unfortunately
Link Posted: 5/31/2019 9:37:43 AM EDT
[#2]
PDF copy is all you get.
Link Posted: 5/31/2019 9:44:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Efile you get emailed a PDF stamp when approved.
Link Posted: 5/31/2019 9:46:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Thank You for the fast responses. I guess I will stop making unnecessary trips to the mailbox.
Link Posted: 5/31/2019 9:55:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thank You for the fast responses. I guess I will stop making unnecessary trips to the mailbox.
View Quote
I understand the desire of wanting a hard copy though, spending the money for the stamp, it's a lot more gratifying to have a hard copy. Paper form 1 gets you that, but takes longer, it seems a fair trade imho.
Link Posted: 5/31/2019 9:58:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I understand the desire of wanting a hard copy though, spending the money for the stamp, it's a lot more gratifying to have a hard copy. Paper form 1 gets you that, but takes longer, it seems a fair trade imho.
View Quote
It sucks after a year, you forget this, and wonder if you lost the real stamp.  
Link Posted: 5/31/2019 10:03:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It sucks after a year, you forget this, and wonder if you lost the real stamp.  
View Quote
That alone makes the pdf worth it I think Haha!
Link Posted: 5/31/2019 12:38:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Double edged sword here I feel.  On the one hand you are paying for something you are not receiving and someone could sue and win.  At the same time I see the suit destroying the efile system so everyone would go back to paper copies only.
Link Posted: 5/31/2019 12:40:17 PM EDT
[#9]
No.
Link Posted: 5/31/2019 12:40:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Double edged sword here I feel.  On the one hand you are paying for something you are not receiving and someone could sue and win.  At the same time I see the suit destroying the efile system so everyone would go back to paper copies only.
View Quote
The feels are strong with this one.
Link Posted: 5/31/2019 1:45:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/31/2019 1:48:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Well, he’s not wrong. When EForms came out there was actually discussion of whether it was legal or not to issue digital stamps. The way the regulations are written, it’s not.
View Quote
That is quite the conundrum.. Haha! This whole NFA shit is messy business.

ETA: with what I said, I meant that I understand what hes saying
Link Posted: 5/31/2019 6:47:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
Is there a law that says you’re required to get a physical stamp?  You are paying a $200 tax and are entitled to proof that you’ve paid the tax.  Is it written somewhere that the digital completed form with the digital stamp is NOT proof that you’ve paid the tax and that only the little green physical stamp stuck to a physical piece of paper is legal proof?
Link Posted: 5/31/2019 8:44:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/1/2019 2:34:18 AM EDT
[#15]
No, but they should
Link Posted: 6/1/2019 11:20:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
LOL!!!

The post office has been using non-physical stamps for decades. Not a chance in hell that a lawsuit would get anywhere.
Link Posted: 6/1/2019 11:22:01 PM EDT
[#17]
And e-forms doesn't process Form 4's, does it? SO that would render that moot.
Link Posted: 6/1/2019 11:26:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 3:02:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Today? No.
Previously? Yes.
In the future? Probably so.

...and I didn’t go look, but I’d assume there’s an identically worded blurb for the Form 1.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And e-forms doesn't process Form 4's, does it? SO that would render that moot.
Today? No.
Previously? Yes.
In the future? Probably so.

...and I didn’t go look, but I’d assume there’s an identically worded blurb for the Form 1.
Your assumption is correct.
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 2:32:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

LOL!!!

The post office has been using non-physical stamps for decades. Not a chance in hell that a lawsuit would get anywhere.
View Quote
What the post office does and gets away with and what is required by the ATF are not the same thing.
Link Posted: 6/11/2019 3:38:06 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

What the post office does and gets away with and what is required by the ATF are not the same thing.
View Quote
You don't understand how government works, do you?
Believe it or not, there are many things that the government requires the use of stamps to prove that a tax was paid, but the government no longer requires people to have an actual stamp to prove tax or service paid for.

The watermark stamp on e-file forms is all you get with e-file. And lost forms that get replaced don't even get a stamp.
So the reality of it is that while the reg may say 'physical stamp' the BATFE has pretty much rendered that requirement moot, and would have an impossible task of prosecuting your for failing to have a physical stamp on a Form.  
If you have a registered item, the BATFE field offices can verify it pretty easily, whether or not you can provide a physical stamp.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top