Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/30/2017 11:06:37 AM EDT
Someone did a horrible job at taping off the barrel.

Cerakote all over the lugs and stuff.

Should I try to get it off? If so, how?

Thanks.
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 11:11:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Shoot it
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 11:18:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Choot Em.
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 3:37:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Uhh it’s nice a gritty
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 7:33:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Uhh it’s nice a gritty
View Quote
Wondering how the bcg is going to feel sliding in the reciever, while shooting it should be fine I'd likely pull that barrel and take closer look into the chamber.  While pulled I would address the face of the lugs.
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 9:30:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Wondering how the bcg is going to feel sliding in the reciever, while shooting it should be fine I'd likely pull that barrel and take closer look into the chamber.  While pulled I would address the face of the lugs.
View Quote
I would take the barrel off, but it is pretty much impossible.

The muzzle device would have to be unpinned. Then I would have to send it to PWS for them to use their special tool to take the barrel off.
Link Posted: 11/27/2017 4:54:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Why did they not tape it up?  Looks like a shit job to me
Link Posted: 12/5/2017 4:11:23 AM EDT
[#7]
As long as nothing in chamber, shoot it. I thought ceracoat was good for friction. I don't think it will come off anyway. Supposed to be really tough. Phosphate is rough too, so what's the difference.
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 12:54:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Lube it up nice and choot it up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top