Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/2/2023 9:52:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ltcdwb]
I received an email about an in-stock handguard for the MARCOLMAR CETME-L.  IT got me wondering if I need to add one of the CETME-L to the assortment?  I did luck out and picked up one of the Zenith MKE 43P when they first hit the market.  

I have always agred with the ARFCOM philosophy of, " GET BOTH."  But now I am watching my budget closer since retiring.  Does anyone have any experience with the MARCOLMAR CETME-L that would be willing to share?
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 10:48:31 AM EDT
[#1]
It's a neat piece. Super soft recoil. But it's quite dated and I think I would have rather spent the coin on a modern 556.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 12:16:08 PM EDT
[#2]
They are interesting, but you should probably only buy one due to the novelty, not because they are in any way superior to a common AR15.

Mine has been reliable after a couple hundred round break-in.

Always get questioned at the range about it.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 12:28:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes.  It’s the last of the roller locked carbines.  

18Z50
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 12:43:30 PM EDT
[#4]
They look awesome. I'd grab one if I didn't have a HK93 clone.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 4:16:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Mierda escondida!  I have three kits, an L, LV, and LC. They are interesting guns but had some issues. Most of them seems to be related to magazines and crappy springs.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 8:04:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes.

Link Posted: 6/2/2023 8:05:29 PM EDT
[#7]
I didn't but I bought one anyway. Haven't shot it yet
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 8:48:09 AM EDT
[#8]
They're fun to shoot and a great addition to the collection. MARCOLMAR bought 15k (?) kits, so once they're out of surplus parts, the rifles will increase in value. There's something about a green CETME-L.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 9:17:08 AM EDT
[#9]
I have always gone for FDE or Coyote, but the green CETME-L looks really nice.  Maybe break out of the routine.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 1:12:03 PM EDT
[#10]
I bought a grey with black furniture L because it had kind of a Stoner 63 vibe. It now has green furniture and a Sierra 5 on it.
Shoots great and the S5 takes the concussion out indoors.

I had an HK93 A3 a lifetime ago and it's a cooler gun but long gone. I  will get an MKE 93 clone if they get imported again.

It's not always abut need.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 1:30:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Attachment Attached File

I wouldn't say you need one, but I enjoy shooting it. Very soft, took about 100 rounds to get broken in, but it was 6 degrees when I was shooting it.

It's quirky, but a fun gun. If you want the greatest and latest, most efficient machine, the cetme ain't it. Just like other roller locks, ak's, FAL's, m14's, etc. But I enjoy shooting those all over AR's
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 1:45:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Yes, get one.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 8:15:02 PM EDT
[#13]
I agree.  Get the LC if you can find one.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 3:26:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Princeton] [#14]
I really like mine, has been reliable the 2 times I had it at the range.

I got black with an optics rail. I think the rail would have been an obvious addition if they had stayed in service.

Fit and finish on mine out of the box was 100%.

Nice that they take AR15 magazines also so no having to inventory more magazines that only fit one gun.

Wish I had gone the LC route so I could SBR it but didn’t really have the extra cash when they were available.

Would be nice if they had aftermarket parts available, could definitely use a lighter, smoother trigger.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 8:15:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Chris_1522] [#15]
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 9:41:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Been tracking those for several months but haven't snagged one yet.  They seem to require a bit of TLC/breaking in/tweaking/whatever you want to call it. The Spaniards only used them for a comparatively short time. I have no real need for one but am strangely fascinated by them.  I think these have some upside on collectability.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 10:24:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Mine has been 100% reliable with 55gr FMJ since day one.  I also tried about 6 different 20 and 30 rd magazines without any problems.  My favorite is the 20rd Gen 1 PMAG, but I don't have enough of those so I am mostly using a 20 rd Lancer now.

I'm also thankful I got the rail with mine.  For some reason it's very uncomfortable for me to shoot the rifle with its iron sights.  The comb of the stock is high enough that it's unpleasant to shoot that way.  I currently have an older Aimpoint ML2 in a QRP2 mount with the riser removed.  For me it's the perfect setup - it also looks somewhat period correct.

Based on my experience I would recommend them.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 8:09:06 AM EDT
[#18]
I have the first Gen L and the second Gen LC. I haven’t shot them extensively but the fit and finish are outstanding and they haven’t had any issues. I suspect they’re higher quality than the originals.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 11:01:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By vellnueve:  I have the first Gen L and the second Gen LC. I haven’t shot them extensively but the fit and finish are outstanding and they haven’t had any issues. I suspect they’re higher quality than the originals.
View Quote

They are.  Marcolmar realized the magwell had to be tilted a degree or two, which fixed most of the feeding issues the Spanish had had since the inception of the gun.  Spain would still be running the CETME-L if they had managed to keep their arms industry afloat.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 11:37:00 AM EDT
[#20]
Thanks for all the information.  I'm ordering one of the CETME-L in green with the picatinny rail.
Link Posted: 6/11/2023 4:18:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Yes! This is the type of gun where - once they’re gone - a bunch of people will only then suddenly realize they need one. There will be plenty of “Coulda, shoulda, woulda”.

It’s also probably one of the few surplus military guns where the rebuilt model (by Marcolmar) is actually better than the original. As others have said and as I’m sure you’ve read Marcolmar basically fixed the gremlins that plagued the Spanish military version. As a result it’s a reliable, extremely smooth shooting, fun gun to own and shoot.

Anyone who’s into having unique military surplus rifles in their collection needs one.
Link Posted: 6/11/2023 4:26:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Anyone who’s into having unique military surplus rifles in their collection needs one.
View Quote

This says it all.
Considering all that went into building these rifles they are pretty reasonably priced.
There are other really desirable military style rifles that I’d love to own but they are priced out of my reach.
Link Posted: 6/11/2023 8:51:26 PM EDT
[#23]
It's a gateway drug into starting a Spanish collection.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/11/2023 11:11:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By AbleArcher:  It's a gateway drug into starting a Spanish collection.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/188236/20230611_190216_jpg-2848352.JPG
View Quote

Do all 3 of those take the same bayonet?
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 10:02:03 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 10:37:00 AM EDT
[#26]
I don't believe so.  My Cetme bayonet definitely did not fit the L.

Was able to find a brand new L bayonet,  though.
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 12:35:58 PM EDT
[#27]
This interests me, please share the source for the L bayonet.
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 1:02:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 12:46:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 3:54:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Just curious, are you buying it as a shooter or a collector?

If you’re planning on shooting, I’d like to see an update on your impressions and experience with the rifle if possible.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 9:02:28 AM EDT
[#31]
It will be a shooter, as most are in my "collection".  I will post some photos of the rifle when it arrives and let you folks know how it shoots for me.
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 8:25:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Well my MARCOLMAR CETME-L arrived this evening.  A quick look indicates a well executed build.  Fit and finish are very high quality.  I ordered mine in green with the rail.  I'm really glad I went with the rail.  My natural cheek weld developed over years of shooting the AR platform has my eye looking over the iron sights on the CETME-L.  I want to try it out using the iron sights first to see if I can get used to them.  

A cursory skim through the manual to learn disassembly and reassembly so I could field strip and lubricate the rifle.  I found it interesting that the safety lever serves as one of the "pins" for the trigger assembly.  The internals are smooth and move easily in their path.  I applied some oil to apparent pivot points and a little of the ALG grease on the areas that showed a sliding action.  I have done this on all new firearms and rarely do I have a malfunction while on the range.

The manual calls for a break-in period using 62 grain 5.56 ammunition (M855).  This heavier bullet will aid in the break-in period so lighter bullets will function correctly.  Looks like it's time for me to break open that can of 855 ammo that has been gathering dust.

The rifle came in a nice soft case with a DuraMag 30 magazine.  The folks at MARCOLMAR were easy to work with and always responded quickly.  

I will update this thread after I get a chance to shoot the rifle.  Here are a couple of photos.  

Link Posted: 6/22/2023 10:06:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Nice! I didn't get a bag with either of mine
Link Posted: 9/27/2023 4:20:22 PM EDT
[#34]
I'd like to thank the OP for starting this thread and everyone else who posted in it. That was enough to push me over the edge. Picked it up this afternoon. Got a bayonet coming from RTG.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/27/2023 4:36:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Anxiously awaiting range report...
Link Posted: 9/27/2023 5:18:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By mk4dubbin:
Nice! I didn't get a bag with either of mine
View Quote

I broke the zipper the very first time I attempted to use it, so you aren't missing anything.  Useless to me without a zipper.
Link Posted: 9/27/2023 8:11:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By GySgt_D:

I broke the zipper the very first time I attempted to use it, so you aren't missing anything.  Useless to me without a zipper.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GySgt_D:
Originally Posted By mk4dubbin:  Nice! I didn't get a bag with either of mine

Spanish made?  
Link Posted: 9/27/2023 8:28:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By YaBoyKGTho:
They look awesome. I'd grab one if I didn't have a HK93 clone.
View Quote

This is the only reason that I bought one. I think it looks badass. Plus, I'm on a roller-lock gun buying frenzy at the moment. I have the grey/black one and it looks tits. I really wanted the OG green color but they had sold out. I;m kinda glad that I got the grey one, though, since it really looks good in that color combo. I would have bought the LC also but they were sold out.
I also bought two sets of the kits that Apex was selling during their two-for-one slae. Glad I did, but am still not sure what I;m going to do with them.
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 1:55:20 PM EDT
[#39]
I picked up a used grey/black one locally a few weeks ago...put @ 200 rounds through it with zero issues and it's been much more accurate than I was expecting for a surplus parts-kit gun.
I really like this thing.

Swapped out the original furniture with some green surplus to see how it would look with the grey receiver.

Link Posted: 9/28/2023 2:36:29 PM EDT
[#40]
So how do you mount an optic to these if you get the non-rail version?
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 2:40:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Looks good. I somehow have avoided buying one of these. I have a PTR91 and another parts kit and barrel, with a receiver flat.
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 7:03:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By kwb377:
I picked up a used grey/black one locally a few weeks ago...put @ 200 rounds through it with zero issues and it's been much more accurate than I was expecting for a surplus parts-kit gun.

https://a4.pbase.com/g13/07/240307/2/173976014.97bb2648.JPEG

Swapped out the original furniture with some green surplus to see how it would look with the grey receiver.

https://a4.pbase.com/g13/07/240307/2/174004344.ede1fea7.JPEG
View Quote

I think it looks real good with the green/grey combination. Better than the all green one for sure.
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 7:52:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#43]
Originally Posted By kwb377:

https://a4.pbase.com/g13/07/240307/2/173976014.97bb2648.JPEG

https://a4.pbase.com/g13/07/240307/2/174004344.ede1fea7.JPEG
View Quote

I’m REALLY debating grabbing one of these. That combo is 80’s perfection. Well done!

I’m going to have to flip a coin between one of these and a PTR.
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 9:53:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By -OdieGreen-:

I’m REALLY debating grabbing one of these. That combo is 80’s perfection. Well done!

I’m going to have to flip a coin between one of these and a PTR.
View Quote

The PTR's will always be around.  These maybe not.
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 10:25:21 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By ChickenDaddy:
So how do you mount an optic to these if you get the non-rail version?
View Quote
You don't, unless you plan on welding something else to the receiver.

The originals with optics used welded mounts too: https://www.forgottenweapons.com/both-versions-of-the-cetme-lv-enosa-and-susat/
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 9:35:58 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By pukindog:
I'd like to thank the OP for starting this thread and everyone else who posted in it. That was enough to push me over the edge. Picked it up this afternoon. Got a bayonet coming from RTG.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/116588/CETMEL-092723K_jpg-2968327.JPG
View Quote

Great!  That is another fine example of the quality of the MarColmar builds.
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 2:12:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Been looking at these for a couple of years.  They're tempting.  Already have an FR-8 so it would be kind of a sibling.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 7:28:59 AM EDT
[#48]
If not now, when?  I finally was able to pick up an AR15 I have been wanting for around 4-5 years.  It finally became available.  Did I need it, no.  Did I want it, yes.  I'm not disappointed.  I say FO and FO now!! (I know this isn't GD, but the phrase fits.)
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 5:27:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By ltcdwb:
If not now, when?  I finally was able to pick up an AR15 I have been wanting for around 4-5 years.  It finally became available.  Did I need it, no.  Did I want it, yes.  I'm not disappointed.  I say FO and FO now!! (I know this isn't GD, but the phrase fits.)
View Quote

I agree, Get it while you can boys. Ive been putting away G3 kits and parts for a build or two and the kits are drying up in the 5 days I was ordering.
Watched the kits go from numbers matching very good, to non matching only. Receiver flats sold out at RTG.

CETME C kits are next to disappear.
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 6:56:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: pukindog] [#50]
I added a Primary Arms 5x optic, hopefully to help my old eyes, and received the bayonet I ordered from RTG. I will take it to the range this weekend to see if I actually like the optic on it. Not too wild about it so far.
Attachment Attached File
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top