Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2022 9:03:59 AM EDT
I replaced the Trijicon sights that came on my Springfield LW Champion, the tritium had gotten very dim, do such things have any value to anyone?  Or should I just throw them away?
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 9:19:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Instead of buying new night sights, I would have sent the slide to Trijicon.

They can relamp the old night sights with the new vials for around $57.

The new vials last around 12 years.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 9:42:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Attachment Attached File

For under a bill I'd send back to Trijicon. Retain value of the original sights.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 10:34:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Instead of buying new night sights, I would have sent the slide to Trijicon.
View Quote

I’m aware of that service but I went a different direction with the sights.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 10:50:16 AM EDT
[#4]
To answer your question, you could probably get $20.00 plus $5 shipping for them as they still function as iron sights. If it were me, I'd oil and bag them with whatever original documents you have still with the gun and if you or your heirs ever go to sell the gun the original sights can go with the gun so any purist buyer is still interested. I generally do that for all factory parts coming off of production guns in my own collection. If it's a parts assembled build then the parts go into the spares storage unless they aren't serviceable. Since this is the gunsmith forum I should note I'm not a gunsmith, nor do I work on other people's weapons. If I did take a personal gun to a smith I'd expect to get all the replaced/removed parts back, even if they were broken, unless we had some sort of agreement in place that payment for the work included the parts.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 1:45:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
To answer your question, you could probably get $20.00 plus $5 shipping for them as they still function as iron sights. If it were me, I'd oil and bag them with whatever original documents you have still with the gun and if you or your heirs ever go to sell the gun the original sights can go with the gun so any purist buyer is still interested. I generally do that for all factory parts coming off of production guns in my own collection. If it's a parts assembled build then the parts go into the spares storage unless they aren't serviceable. Since this is the gunsmith forum I should note I'm not a gunsmith, nor do I work on other people's weapons. If I did take a personal gun to a smith I'd expect to get all the replaced/removed parts back, even if they were broken, unless we had some sort of agreement in place that payment for the work included the parts.
View Quote

Solid advice.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top