Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/22/2023 8:34:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: StevenE]
I received notice today my form 1 SBR was disapproved because in the photo my glasses have a reflection in the lens, so the photo is unacceptable, resubmit with a paper form 1 with in 60 days with new photo and prints.
This is the same photo used on 5 approved form 1's in the past year. Total BS. The actual quote is "photo with glasses is blurry". Is there any recourse other than resubmitting a new form 1 and fingerprints with a new photo? I costs me
each time for prints and postage (I always send Priority Mail), this will make the fourth submission.
Link Posted: 9/23/2023 2:02:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I always have folks take off their glasses when doing the photos.

Unfortunately nothing you can do but resubmit.
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 9:05:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Unfortunately I don't think there's any option but to resubmit as they directed. It won't help for this one, but going forward I'd suggest getting EFT fingerprints and submit everything through eForms. If you don't have anyplace locally to get it done, Hansohn Brothers will convert a card for $35.

https://hansohnbrothers.com/shop/hansohn-brothers/accessories/eft-conversion-service/

Link Posted: 9/24/2023 6:01:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: StevenE] [#3]
The instructions say "paper form" so if I do eForm they will probably reject it again. This is also from the tax free period. The first one was filled in January, it was disapproved (I don't remember why), the second time was filed in March, disapproved because no picture was on the form (problem with the software, because my copy had a photo on the back), the last time it was filed was in April and now disapproved because the examiner says the photo is blurry in the glasses. I will resubmit again.
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 6:05:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Damn this is disheartening that they don’t allow for fixes anymore. I’ve had forms sent back and they said fix this and I’ll approve it tomorrow.
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 7:47:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Got denied on a form 4 for mis-spelling in the trust. Now on the second go around at month 19.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top