Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2018 9:55:49 AM EDT
As we all know, the indexing "snap" on a shell plate can make a pretty good mess.  Not exclusively a Dillon issue....

Anyway, there are a couple bearing upgrade kits out there.  Does one work better than another?  Here are two examples:

Level 10

Uniquetek

Who has used both?  Does one offer a significant advantage over another?

TIA!
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 10:05:58 AM EDT
[#1]
I have/had the level 10 kit.

I took it out, it caused the eject wire to constantly ride up and the cases get bound up.

A little spill is easier to manage than every 4-5 cases stopping the press.
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 10:08:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have/had the level 10 kit.

I took it out, it caused the eject wire to constantly ride up and the cases get bound up.

A little spill is easier to manage than every 4-5 cases stopping the press.
View Quote
Yeah.  I've heard that about the Level 10.

Supposedly the Uniqutek doesn't change anything with the ejection wire.
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 10:38:24 AM EDT
[#3]
I have the level 10 and never had any issues.

That said i never had any issues before either, I just bought it to try it since it was inexpensive. I honestly couldn't tell much of a difference in operation, but maybe I just didn't use loads that were fluffy enough to take up enough space to be at risk of spilling.
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 11:33:05 AM EDT
[#4]
I have both.  I left off the bottom plate on the level 10, which seems to solve most the ejection wire issues.

Uniquetek lets it slide right down, if I ever get another, I'll probably put the Uniquetek bearing on it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 11:58:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have the level 10 and never had any issues.

That said i never had any issues before either, I just bought it to try it since it was inexpensive. I honestly couldn't tell much of a difference in operation, but maybe I just didn't use loads that were fluffy enough to take up enough space to be at risk of spilling.
View Quote
This was my experience as well.
Link Posted: 4/27/2018 4:21:57 PM EDT
[#6]
I have them both.  I got the Shell plate bearing kit individually from Grainger, I believe.  I did buy and use t another similar oil impregnated bearing that Uniquetek sells  I went back to the washer and bearing system.  Just liked it better, thought it was smoother.  I did have to modify the ejector wire with the washer bearing system.
Link Posted: 4/27/2018 11:03:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 10:56:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Your link doesn't work, but I know what the parts are. I have them, they're cool. Just like all the other "upgrades", they help, but it's not night and day.

A smooth pull does more than any bearing can, and a little spill won't kill ya.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 11:01:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Your link doesn't work, but I know what the parts are. I have them, they're cool. Just like all the other "upgrades", they help, but it's not night and day.

A smooth pull does more than any bearing can, and a little spill won't kill ya.
View Quote
Link to his eBay store.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 12:52:37 PM EDT
[#11]
View Quote
Yeah, that one dont work either.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 1:03:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Yeah, that one dont work either.
View Quote
WTF????

Well, the eBay user name is Snowshooze and he has several different parts available.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 10:37:30 PM EDT
[#13]
I've never seen the need for this upgrade. Tuning and lubing my 650's work well without the "snap".
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 9:31:47 AM EDT
[#14]
I have tried a bearing kit or two, but as someone else mentioned, it messed with the cartridge eject spring (even though I tried rebending it to work better as I saw from a YT video).

I have stopped using any of them, but I do use the low-mass detent ball and shortened spring.

I only had problems with powder spill on 9mm rounds. Larger rounds (such as .40, .45) don't seem to have the same problem with spillage. I don't do rifle rounds on the XL650, so I can't comment there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top