Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/26/2020 9:17:06 PM EDT
So I'm looking to put a non-Sig suppressor on my MPX-k and checked the box all over and it didn't come with the taper adapter. Is it supposed to?
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 9:46:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So I'm looking to put a non-Sig suppressor on my MPX-k and checked the box all over and it didn't come with the taper adapter. Is it supposed to?
View Quote

No 13.5x1LH indexes off the muzzle not a shoulder.
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 10:08:17 PM EDT
[#2]
The MPX-K I bought new a few months ago did not come with one.

I have a can on the way and I chose to go 3 lug with this adaptor that has the taper cut in it.

https://inleadwetrust.com/product/hk-style-3-lug-suppressor-adapter/

They also offer taper adaptors for $15: https://inleadwetrust.com/product/tapered-muzzle-device-adapter-for-mpx/
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 10:55:57 AM EDT
[#3]
I use a three lug n my MPX tried direct thread and lug. Lug is way better. Goes on and off faster.
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 11:33:12 AM EDT
[#4]
No.  I did get one with my MCX Rattler though.  

My MPX-K has a tapered barrel.
Link Posted: 6/28/2020 8:07:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

No 13.5x1LH indexes off the muzzle not a shoulder.
View Quote

So for a fixed dead air 13.5x1 mount that is not tapered, do I even need a taper adapter?
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 6:50:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

So for a fixed dead air 13.5x1 mount that is not tapered, do I even need a taper adapter?
View Quote

Bump for answer.
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 7:10:12 PM EDT
[#7]
shouldn't but its cheap insurance
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 11:00:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

I would give dead air a call to confirm, but if they build it right, no you wont need one.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 11:02:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
shouldn't but its cheap insurance
View Quote

false. you're adding an additional mating surface that neither the gun nor suppressor are designed to function with. why would it add insurance? the extra mating surface could cant the suppressor because it's not mating up concentrically where it is designed to mate.

edit:
glock factory metric threaded barrel for evidence, see how the "shoulder" is cut away, it's to prevent a "shoulder" from accidentally interfacing with the back of a piston designed to index off the muzzle.

Link Posted: 7/13/2020 6:00:23 PM EDT
[#10]
I emailed dead air a few weeks ago and they recommended a taper adapter. Is it necessary, not sure, but for $10 I got one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top