Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2021 10:33:13 PM EDT
Placed it on the tube, lined up the screw, started tightening, and SNAP, the whole top of the brace cracked lengthwise...I may have tightened too far. I am a dummy. Word of warning to those who don't know.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:46:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Gotta wonder if warranty covers idiocy....probably not...
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:57:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I just knew it was from touching your shoulder. Like as soon as it makes contact, boom! Self destruction.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:05:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd contact whoever does the warranty. IIRC there is a small line down the top either from the injection mold or from fusing 2 pieces together. If it split down that line, I would think it is a manufacturing defect.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:11:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Is it just a standard blade? Pm me your address. I think I have one laying around. I’ll check tonight.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:47:10 PM EDT
[#5]
1st, @Shortbuss , thank you very much, but something very interesting happened. I contacted Shockwave directly and asked them if there was a warranty for a gift - this one was given to me. I explained in painstaking detail how it was exactly 100% my fault. They replied "thank you for your honesty and we would be happy to replace it". Color me stunned.

Pictures of my misdeeds.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

So it appears that this is indeed a company that stands behind their product, and I have no idea how it broke like that - no seam, and though it looks hung up on the end of the internal tube, it is the exact same one it was on before, and fit perfectly. It was just that kind of day, nothing went completely right all day.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:29:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Cynthia at Shockwave is my new hero - new one on the way. Now that's a warranty!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top