Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/31/2021 8:10:42 AM EDT
Just grabbed one and threw it on layaway until the end of January:

The AP5 Series
The AP5 or “Apparatus Pistol”, is a roller delayed blowback firearm based and built off of the original and historic design from the 1970’s. The roller-lock platform has been widely respected as the preeminent design for over 50 years. Adopted for use across the globe, no other firearm of its type has been more successful. These firearms which are imported from the MKE manufacturing facility in Turkey are available in a full sized model designated simply as the AP5, a midsized version as the AP5-P, and a compact version as the AP5-M. All AP5 firearms are chambered in 9x19 mm and have a cold hammer forged barrel with a 1:9.8” twist. The AP5 and AP5-P barrel each have a 3-lug quick attachment and 1/2x28 threaded end for suppressor mounting options.
View Quote

I've been wanting one since Zenith imported them...but now it's Century Arms (they're just importing and keeping away from the monkey smilths). Are these Turkish MKE versions still a good value?

ROCK6
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 9:04:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Just grabbed one and threw it on layaway until the end of January:

The AP5 Series
The AP5 or “Apparatus Pistol”, is a roller delayed blowback firearm based and built off of the original and historic design from the 1970’s. The roller-lock platform has been widely respected as the preeminent design for over 50 years. Adopted for use across the globe, no other firearm of its type has been more successful. These firearms which are imported from the MKE manufacturing facility in Turkey are available in a full sized model designated simply as the AP5, a midsized version as the AP5-P, and a compact version as the AP5-M. All AP5 firearms are chambered in 9x19 mm and have a cold hammer forged barrel with a 1:9.8” twist. The AP5 and AP5-P barrel each have a 3-lug quick attachment and 1/2x28 threaded end for suppressor mounting options.
View Quote

https://www.budsgunshop.com/images/hiRes/720000195_1.jpg?v=1

I've been wanting one since Zenith imported them...but now it's Century Arms (they're just importing and keeping away from the monkey smilths). Are these Turkish MKE versions still a good value?

ROCK6
View Quote

I’ve been wanting one myself, where did you snag one?
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 9:31:44 AM EDT
[#2]
I have 2. The p and k. Same as zenith. Mine both shoot great suppressed and not.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 9:37:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Its the same MKE. Same great gun.  Not fucked with by century's expert gunsmiths in any way.

I'm happy with mine.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 9:38:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have 2. The p and k. Same as zenith. Mine both shoot great suppressed and not.
View Quote

I have the Z5RS and the Z5K from Zenith and they are tits. I'm glad that I got them  Oh, and OP should change the title or get slapped!
ETA: I have the P model with the threaded bbl.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 9:43:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Nope not at all
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 9:54:14 AM EDT
[#6]
You only messed up if you bought two of the same model.  I have two from Zenith (Z5P and Z5RS); the P is my favorite (basically the K model with a threaded barrel.)  Very compact and fun to shoot.  I SBR'd both.  

Get spare extractors and extractor springs - I had to change them the RS to get it to run closer to 100% (Zenith sent me some and bought others from RTG and HK Parts.)
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 10:06:59 AM EDT
[#7]
They are outstanding to shoot. Enjoy.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 12:01:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I’ve been wanting one myself, where did you snag one?
View Quote

I had a few hundred credit with Buds, which is why I got lazy and just chose the one with a brace. Plus they have a decent layaway program
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 12:04:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I have the Z5RS and the Z5K from Zenith and they are tits. I'm glad that I got them  Oh, and OP should change the title or get slapped!
View Quote

Hahaha, yeah anything "Century" is likely to get nuked

Importer aside, they are all MKE manufactured to my knowledge.

Link Posted: 12/31/2021 12:05:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Get spare extractors and extractor springs - I had to change them the RS to get it to run closer to 100% (Zenith sent me some and bought others from RTG and HK Parts.)
View Quote

Thanks for the tip
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 12:58:40 AM EDT
[#11]
I have 3 of the ATI imported MKE guns. They run great, even as sear hosts!
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 1:03:49 AM EDT
[#12]
I just bought one, marked mke on top
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 1:32:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I had a few hundred credit with Buds, which is why I got lazy and just chose the one with a brace. Plus they have a decent layaway program
View Quote

Man after COVID most of the stuff they sell can’t be put on layaway. I’ll check it out.
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 7:09:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Man after COVID most of the stuff they sell can’t be put on layaway. I’ll check it out.
View Quote

I'm not sure how many were imported, but looking at purchase "limitations", it looks like quite a few. I'm assuming the COVID fears and lessening and inventories are picking back up; prices still suck, but this imported MKE wasn't too bad (similar to the previous Zenith imports).  As is with my luck, if I wait for the prices to drop, they'll dry up and prices go up...figure I would just take the plunge now. Time to start looking for either MKE or HK mag sales

ROCK6
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 9:46:24 AM EDT
[#15]
The Ap5 really interests me. I've had ar9s and I just didn't like them.

It's going to be a toss up between this and the mpx.
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 7:27:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup, MKE made. And I meant the bad word in the title.
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 7:28:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup, MKE made. And I meant the bad word in the title.
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 12:24:06 AM EDT
[#18]
I'm really interested on one of these but can't afford to come out of pocket for it right now.  

I was kinda thinking about selling off a few guns I never shoot to fund one of these...
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 2:56:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I'm really interested on one of these but can't afford to come out of pocket for it right now.  

I was kinda thinking about selling off a few guns I never shoot to fund one of these...
View Quote

I dicked around on some real good Zenith imported versions and then sources dried up and prices went way up.  I just didn't want to get caught again and have to wait a couple years for another opportunity.  It's definitely outside of my monthly slush-fund, but I'm trimming the budget else were to make this more palatable.  The credit I had helped me spring for it as well

ROCK6
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 6:08:48 PM EDT
[#20]
I have a regular model which I love and saw a K model (flush barrel) at this price so I couldn't resist

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 7:02:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Where did you get it?  I would like a P model and that’s a great price!
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 9:29:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Where did you get it?  I would like a P model and that’s a great price!
View Quote

Impact Guns had it, not sure what the deal was, but I couldn't pass at that price
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 12:53:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Impact Guns had it, not sure what the deal was, but I couldn't pass at that price
View Quote

That's a damn good deal.  There must be a pretty decent inventory of them, it just shocked me that I didn't hear much about the MKE versions being imported by Century (being associate with Century might have been the problem).

ROCK6
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 4:33:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

That's a damn good deal.  There must be a pretty decent inventory of them, it just shocked me that I didn't hear much about the MKE versions being imported by Century (being associate with Century might have been the problem).

ROCK6
View Quote

Same gun that Zenith was importing before Century and ATI was importing them before Zenith.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 11:50:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Ordered an AP5-P today from Atlantic Firearms.  Pretty excited to get it.  An MP5 was high on my list of guns missing from my collection.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 7:10:29 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Ordered an AP5-P today from Atlantic Firearms.  Pretty excited to get it.  An MP5 was high on my list of guns missing from my collection.
View Quote

Same here I'll make room!

ROCK6
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 1:00:34 AM EDT
[#27]
I've been watching these and will get one with the 8.9" bbl. How does one put a brace on these? Is the folding brace better than the one that extends straight back and which is a good example of each? I'm a big guy at 6'5" if that matters.

Do I need to buy any accessories to mount the brace? Forgive my ignorance, I've never had a braced pistol, and thanks!
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 7:05:45 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I've been watching these and will get one with the 8.9" bbl. How does one put a brace on these? Is the folding brace better than the one that extends straight back and which is a good example of each? I'm a big guy at 6'5" if that matters.

Do I need to buy any accessories to mount the brace? Forgive my ignorance, I've never had a braced pistol, and thanks!
View Quote
Well the easiest is just buy it with the brace.  Otherwise here is the folding one for the full size.

https://atlanticfirearms.com/sbt5-01-sb-brace

Link Posted: 1/29/2022 12:14:37 PM EDT
[#29]
This batch is excellent. Century is only the importer; they are made by MKE and appear to be the same as the good days of Zenith importing them.  

For the prices they are selling right now hard to pass up, especially given prospect or import bans and/or disruptions given how unpredictable the world is right now.
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 12:22:28 PM EDT
[#30]
In a Brace the B&T Collapsible brace with a tail hook is going to give you the longest length of pull out of any other brace but still be under the ATF's "recommended" 13.5". Mine is set up at 13 3/8" LOP on my K

Link Posted: 2/1/2022 9:03:53 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
In a Brace the B&T Collapsible brace with a tail hook is going to give you the longest length of pull out of any other brace but still be under the ATF's "recommended" 13.5". Mine is set up at 13 3/8" LOP on my K

https://i.imgur.com/x6y8Dow.jpg
View Quote

@KDG_Dave

The only MP5 I shot was an SD3 model with an A3 stock. I don't mind the folding SB brace, but curious as to how the B&T collapsible brace shoots.  I may wait until the ATF's Nazi ruling this summer before picking one up, but if it's superior to a folder (and not just for size), I may SBR it...

ROCK6
Link Posted: 2/1/2022 12:05:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

@KDG_Dave

The only MP5 I shot was an SD3 model with an A3 stock. I don't mind the folding SB brace, but curious as to how the B&T collapsible brace shoots.  I may wait until the ATF's Nazi ruling this summer before picking one up, but if it's superior to a folder (and not just for size), I may SBR it...

ROCK6
View Quote

It feels awesome & has a nice low cheek weld which allows me to get on target quick. Very durable as well and no flex.  Screw the ATF! Nobody should be waiting for anything. Go about your day and do you. The cool thing about the B&T brace is the end can be converted to a stock end.
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 12:08:52 AM EDT
[#33]
The price on atlantic is great right now.

$1850 with a $200 brace and $300 optic brings the gun to $1350+$30 for shipping….no tax either.

Has anyone used the SMS red dots that come with that package? Seems nice cuz you dont have to have a chunk ass rail on it now, but i cant find much info on people using them on mp5s.

Link Posted: 2/21/2022 3:14:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I have a regular model which I love and saw a K model (flush barrel) at this price so I couldn't resist

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/91189/3F6091BE-07AF-4BA5-9F2A-C48C0C24A792_jpe-2228502.JPG
View Quote

Dang, wish I would have seen that. I’d buy it straight away. I am on the look out for an AP5-M. Going to sbr it and get it 100% coated in Ral 8000 haha. I feel too bad having my SP5 Cerakoted.
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 5:37:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
The price on atlantic is great right now.

$1850 with a $200 brace and $300 optic brings the gun to $1350+$30 for shipping….no tax either.

Has anyone used the SMS red dots that come with that package? Seems nice cuz you dont have to have a chunk ass rail on it now, but i cant find much info on people using them on mp5s.

View Quote

That sight goes on sale for $200, and the brace is on sale for $150 right now, so to be fair--better to buy and wait for sales on the parts.

Plus the sight, no one uses and can't find good reviews.

Still a good deal even considering those things.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 6:02:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Still looking and Saving...  

Do I want the AP5 or the AP5-P??? and why?  
The lil'er one looks a bit cooler, but I am kinda leaning towards the AP5, not the P as I think for me, it would feel more comfy and controllable with my long ass gorilla arms and paws.  

Providign I can find or load them it'll mostly shoot 147 Gr Subs.
It will be used mostly for plinking steel in my back yard and a friend or twos, local comps if I can find any it could be used in and that's really it.

Accessories I plan on
Stock/Brace, End Result SBRed
It will get a dedicated 9mm can, will use an Octane45 HD to start.
Some RDS
Magpul foregrip
Possibly Magpul Pistol Grip and Ambi Safety/Selector Switch

Link Posted: 2/23/2022 10:46:49 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
The Ap5 really interests me. I've had ar9s and I just didn't like them.

It's going to be a toss up between this and the mpx.
View Quote

The MP5-type guns blow away the AR platform 9mm.  I had both at the same time at one point, briefly, before I parted out the AR for, frankly, sucking in comparison.

The advantages of the MPx over the MP5 are obvious, but it's not like any of us a going to war with these things.  The MP5 is historically interesting, beyond proven, and just plain cool looking.

Edit: Pro-tip. Start with a full size. The pistol/K sucks unless it's a MG.
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 10:14:55 PM EDT
[#38]
I bought a AP5-P in November and had all sorts of issues with it. Numerous FTF, FTE, canted front sight, broken selector and crooked cocking tube.  I contacted customer service and after several back and forth emails with photos they asked me to send it back for replacement. 3 weeks later  my replacement arrived and it was much nicer cosmetically but I did have some early FTE that I attribute to my suppressor and my sub reloads. I changed to a 80 degree locking piece and still had intermittent FTE. But by the time I hit the ~ 300 to 400 it was failure free. Century says the break in period is 500 rounds so I was close to it. I liked it so much that I SBR’d it. It now wears a KES stock and T1 on a B&T 10266 mount.   I’m now wanting a full sized to keep my MP5K company.

Link Posted: 2/24/2022 10:24:18 PM EDT
[#39]
^^ hawt
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 9:00:23 AM EDT
[#40]
@KDG_Dave What is your OAL with the brace?
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 11:40:51 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
@KDG_Dave What is your OAL with the brace?
View Quote

I actually sold that brace last week. If I remember right the OAL was 26.5"
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 11:49:05 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/x6y8Dow.jpg
View Quote

@KDG_Dave what handguard is that?
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 10:48:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

@KDG_Dave what handguard is that?
View Quote

Custom Smith manufacturing. Dont waste your money unless you plan to re coat it. The look blush right out the box.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 12:04:08 PM EDT
[#44]
I've only got about 500 rounds through it to day, but it's been flawless. I decided on the Holosun 509 for the optic and love the form factor and size.  Quite please with it, it definitely needs a can and to be SBR'd.  

ROCK6
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 12:35:03 PM EDT
[#45]
They’re awesome. Enjoy!
Top Top